No announcement yet.

2020 Ridler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I hate about the HRM Ridler coverage is you can't see what the cars actually LOOK like. It's all doors and hood open and glitzy booth display. It adds to the ISCA distraction of doing stuff to a car just for the sake of doing SOMETHING to every part. Real car guys don't chamois their undercarriage. You don't NEED polished and plated seat bolts and muffler clamps. What is next, braided steel exhaust hanger straps?
    Last edited by RockJustRock; March 3, 2020, 09:53 AM.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

From the outside, it looks like just a mild custom with large wheels (I personally kind of like the wheels). But under the hood and the interior? There it gets downright amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post
        From the outside, it looks like just a mild custom with large wheels (I personally kind of like the wheels). But under the hood and the interior? There it gets downright amazing.
        I fear the car everyone likes..
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
          The car blends into the background. Doesn't do much for me.
          If you were there, there was not much of a background to blend into. The show was small and seemed to be more vendor area than show area. The show use to be a lot of things that you couldn't see on a weekend on Woodward or a local car show, this year, it was all everyday stuff for the Metro Detroit area. Complete with stock late model Corvettes seeking that best in show prize.

Comment

Originally posted by Bacon View Post

If you were there, there was not much of a background to blend into. The show was small and seemed to be more vendor area than show area. The show use to be a lot of things that you couldn't see on a weekend on Woodward or a local car show, this year, it was all everyday stuff for the Metro Detroit area. Complete with stock late model Corvettes seeking that best in show prize.
            After SEMA, most of the indoor car shows pale in comparison....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

After SEMA, most of the indoor car shows pale in comparison....
              I've never been to SEMA though, from what I have seen of it, I don't think I'd want to go. PRI seems to be where all the good stuff is.

But anyway, the Setroit show was between half and 3/4 what it was even a few years ago when I shot it for a web site. Even then, it was smaller but no where near as noticeable as it was this year.

Comment

I've never been to SEMA though, from what I have seen of it, I don't think I'd want to go. PRI seems to be where all the good stuff is.

But anyway, the Setroit show was between half and 3/4 what it was even a few years ago when I shot it for a web site. Even then, it was smaller but no where near as noticeable as it was this year.
                I enjoy SEMA, PRI is far more racing - which is cool - but my life isn't all about racing cars.

Comment

I enjoy SEMA, PRI is far more racing - which is cool - but my life isn't all about racing cars.
                  Oh, my life is racing. I did the whole cruising/car show thing the excitement just isn't there.

Comment

Oh, my life is racing. I did the whole cruising/car show thing the excitement just isn't there.
                    there's a lot of fun stuff to do that is not on asphalt.

or said another way.... my FJ40 isn't going anywhere, the rest are for sale.
                    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 10, 2020, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Oh, I'm all for racing in dirt, rocks and water.

Comment

Oh, I'm all for racing in dirt, rocks and water.
                        SEMA is more general and covers a wider audience - thus why I like it.

Comment

Yes Siree,
                          my Rusty Iron Addictions are all over the spectrum!!
                          And I love OFF ROADING,
                          Yes the terrain challenges, but Mostly I go EXPLORING!! Really there are not places on this earth that someone hasn't trekked thru before,
                          I "LOOK" for this evidence!! Old Logging Camps, Mining Operations, even accidentally wandered into a Marijuana Operations, (never seen a beater pickup drive down a "Two Track" in reverse that fast in my life,!!) They must have thought my Camo Sammy was a DEA raid!!

And for selling, I have another Problem,
                          separation anxiety, every project some how ends up with a name, and once you drive/play with it..........How Can You Sell a Loved One!!

Thank You All,
                          You just saved and Hour with the Therapist!!

Comment

Working...
                          X