Have you ever.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever.....

Seen a friend going down a path that's going to end up in expensive, broken things...

So do you watch? get the popcorn? give them advice? to what result?
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

All of the above. Show up with popcorn, when asked why state your position, and that you figure it’s unlikely the course will be changed hence the popcorn.

see? Cheap entertainment and a clear conscience. If your advice is taken then Simply share the popcorn
    Last edited by STINEY; March 2, 2020, 09:19 PM.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

LOVE IT....
      Give Knowable Advice ....
      I have Two Groan Son's...
      "Don't Tell Me What Don't Know..."
      sometimes the "Skool of Hard Knocks"
      is the "Best Learning Tool"

Comment

Teenagers in 4x4s. Bad idea. Broken stuff alla time.
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Friend buying a bmw X5 out of warranty. This works for any expensive car out of warranty realy .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
            Friend buying a bmw X5 out of warranty. This works for any BMW really .
            there, fixed it for ya

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

there, fixed it for ya
              Except that the way I said it and meant it it was including Jaguars, Porsche, Mercedes , Range Rover and .......well , you get the idea . Buy the way , me and the suburban may be falling out of love and I'm tempted to chevy-ize a 4 door jag and make a british Impala SS . I won't need a warranty. Bow tie fixes all .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Except that the way I said it and meant it it was including Jaguars, Porsche, Mercedes , Range Rover and .......well , you get the idea . Buy the way , me and the suburban may be falling out of love and I'm tempted to chevy-ize a 4 door jag and make a british Impala SS . I won't need a warranty. Bow tie fixes all .
                I would tell you the downsides of this idea; however, I'll just get popcorn and enjoy the show

Comment

Thats funny . Although I'm not guaranteeing a show yet . But it couldn't be any more harder than keeping the burb on the road just replaced another hub today . So the tally is one $170 tow , three hubs , two transmissions , one transfer case , two micky Thompsons at 550 and needing two more .
                  The other prospect is a roadmaster wagon . I had a 94 caprice wagon with the LT1 and I'd like leather this time .
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

4x4s.
                    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

you know , this little town I moved back to.
                      I think it may be the grand champs of spending hardly anything for stuff lasting forever.

it launched me to old school crew chief, it did a lot of things.

anyway, never seen anyone take a money sucking path. Just life in general, working too much for too little
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Friend buying a BMW X5 out of warranty. This works for any expensive car out of warranty really .
                        Funny you mention this. A friend bought a 'used' 'no warranty' VW diesel to replace a perfectly good running Cherokee XJ in the name of fuel economy.
                        I got a big bag of popcorn ready for all of the impending failures he is about to experience. I won't preach or pick on him, I'll simply sit back and watch..

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post

Funny you mention this. A friend bought a 'used' 'no warranty' VW diesel to replace a perfectly good running Cherokee XJ in the name of fuel economy.
                          I got a big bag of popcorn ready for all of the impending failures he is about to experience. I won't preach or pick on him, I'll simply sit back and watch..
                          Funny you should mention this , this same friend has had the rabbit diesel as well . And a Mercedes diesel . Non of them ended well .
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

My M-B Diesel is doing great! But it only goes maybe 25 miles/year so maybe that doesn't count. Still, I wind it up to 5300 RPM on a regular basis and about half of those miles are at full rack......

Dan

Comment

Thats funny . Although I'm not guaranteeing a show yet . But it couldn't be any more harder than keeping the burb on the road just replaced another hub today . So the tally is one $170 tow , three hubs , two transmissions , one transfer case , two micky Thompsons at 550 and needing two more .
                              The other prospect is a roadmaster wagon . I had a 94 caprice wagon with the LT1 and I'd like leather this time .
                              it is not coincidence that Lucas and the Darkside are in the same sentence. I scoff at people who scoff at the frustration that anything built in the UK brings.

Comment

Working...
                              X