Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This just in Halo cars don't help the bottom line, Ford dead again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This just in Halo cars don't help the bottom line, Ford dead again?

Ya know, Ford, when you mock your competitor for a business decision; you best be successful....

Doing it all wrong since 1966

and to be clear - contrary to my brand decisions, I want Ford to be successful. Competition is a win for the consumer

Comment

Don't see where halo cars figure into this equation.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Don't see where halo cars figure into this equation.

Dan
        a year or more ago, there was a discussion about Ford Halo cars - and I commented that the surest sign a company was going out of business was its constant production of Halo cars.... this is basically the end of that conversation...

Comment

So, in my opinion, Ford's Halo car is a Ford GT. I doubt seriously those folks in China regardless if they have the flu, are buying GTs

Comment

How to sell cars: Build something unique yet not gaudy (57-59 Fury, 59 Caddy, Aztek for gaudy), that has decent power, reliability, and function for a modest price the average person can afford. Then build something sporty that turns heads, can be made fast, and ordered without a bunch of weight adding bells and whistles, and also with all the extra crap for the people who want the look and the fluff. Sell trucks that can pull heavy loads, last a long time, and do work, with small to big engines available in all of them. Then sell a somewhat high end luxury car, 4 doors, every option, couch like cruising and paint it that fleshy beige so popular with the silver hair crowd that likes to drive through farmers markets.

Damn... I just described Toyota.

Why do Ford and GM want to cater to the people who will not buy their overpriced heavily loaded crap? Ya sell more toilet paper than you do luxury yachts with an internal dock for smaller yachts that have an internal dock for small boats and jet skis.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
              So, in my opinion, Ford's Halo car is a Ford GT. I doubt seriously those folks in China regardless if they have the flu, are buying GTs
              add to that all the special edition Mustangs, burying money in the eMustang, and pretty much any Raptor.... the problem isn't the cool cars, it's the cost, I love Bob Lutz, but he started this trend at Mopar where it kind of worked with the Viper. Flush off that success he went to GM, which needed car sales not more halo cars. Both companies crashed. Now Ford is doing it. With that said, it's not an American phenomena - Nissan has been doing it, Kia seems fixated on it, and VW go so good at it they forgot to properly certify their cars... even Toyota has lost share when they tried to become the biggest car maker.

my underlying point is the biggest tell that a car company is struggling is they come out with more and more unobtainium, special editions. I'd hate to see the warranty claims on a Raptor, even at 60k there is little chance those are money makers.
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 10, 2020, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                How to sell cars: Build something unique yet not gaudy (57-59 Fury, 59 Caddy, Aztek for gaudy), that has decent power, reliability, and function for a modest price the average person can afford. Then build something sporty that turns heads, can be made fast, and ordered without a bunch of weight adding bells and whistles, and also with all the extra crap for the people who want the look and the fluff. Sell trucks that can pull heavy loads, last a long time, and do work, with small to big engines available in all of them. Then sell a somewhat high end luxury car, 4 doors, every option, couch like cruising and paint it that fleshy beige so popular with the silver hair crowd that likes to drive through farmers markets.

Damn... I just described Toyota.

Why do Ford and GM want to cater to the people who will not buy their overpriced heavily loaded crap? Ya sell more toilet paper than you do luxury yachts with an internal dock for smaller yachts that have an internal dock for small boats and jet skis.
                or leave the modifying of cars to the pros. Make each platform reliable.... the let the folks who want unique build it themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

or leave the modifying of cars to the pros. Make each platform reliable.... the let the folks who want unique build it themselves.
                  that works too

Comment

Ford needs to shelve the E-mustang and spend the money on r&d and fix the auto transmission problems in their FWD vehicles, that it last 10-15k then needs a rebuild.
                    I Don't know enough about your vehicle market but Ford betting the farm on the F-trucks and only the pony car, seems STUPID.
                    The Mustang was always a car that shared It's platform with a family crap box. The falcon, the pinto bean, The farmont.
                    I can't see a lone wolf car platform lasting. G.m. made this mistake with the Camaro When the nova stopped sharing the cost of the platform.
                    Seems Dodge is bucking the trends that claim you need to make all new"models" to keep sales up.
                    decade plus of the same basic bones, that was over a decade old when M/B handed mopar the platform to build vehicles off of.
                    I think ford saw the hand writing on the wall a long time ago. And them bringing the ranger back to your market was to just get 4-6 years more life out of that model in it's current state without having to revamp it. I'll bet the retooling "new model" gets pushed out till 2024-26 instead of 2021.
                    We've had the truck for a long time. Why they think they need to change them every few years. Before 2000 most trucks, even some cars would go decade without much change. Just keep pumping them out. Once the investment cost of the tooling is paid, it is like printing free money. Do trucks need to be changed so often to get buyers.?
                    I guess I can see changes to the infotainment unit as needed. But why keep try'n to re-invent the wheel.
                    I'd think that if you build a solid,tuff truck they keep selling no matter if the body lines are the same for a decade or more. It worked before 2000

Comment

Ford aint going down ...Family members still own controlling interest
                      your kids can have their own racecar www.aasbd.org

Comment

Working...
                      X