Can u HABU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can u HABU?

HABU = hook a brother up... I am dipping my toes into what many on here have admonished me to begin... video documentation of my projects. Currently I am neck deep in swapping 700R4s in the '65, and then I will be doing more stuff. Will you miscreants and gentlemen scholars like, share, and subscribe to hear me rant about this and that whilst spinning wrenches, cutting and pasting metal, then beating the snot out of junk I throw together? I have some cool stuff planned for this year, since the house is together and I can live in it. How to build a still will probably be featured at some point, because next year I wanna have cheap race fuel at home...

Here be a link if you don't have it already. As it warms up I will try to do a video a few times a week. If I get busy enough with these projects I will do one daily. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbU...zfLi4Hny7MSXFA
    Last edited by Thumpin455; March 10, 2020, 03:48 PM.

I fixed the link, it should work now. Even if you don't follow me there, I will post them here too.

Comment

Done. Glad to see you posting Todd. Hope all is well.

Make any more progress on that Cutlass you were working on?

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
        Done. Glad to see you posting Todd. Hope all is well.

Make any more progress on that Cutlass you were working on?
        Yeah things are going ok for a change, snow is melting finally.. but I will get more. The Cutlass is still in the shop, still on the rotisserie, still needs the cowl and floors patched, then it can go back on the frame, get running, painted, and hauled to Chicago so the girl I am no longer with to enjoy it. then I get my shop space back. Its the first priority when I get the GTO up and running again, getting it back on the frame so I can paint it when its warm this summer. We might do up a 455 Olds for her, depends on if she wants to spend the $$$ for it. She says she wants ludicrous power, she doesn't know what that means.

I had to focus on the house and finally got it to where I can live in it and not be hypothermic daily. I can finally get back to cars and fuel projects. Should have a video up tomorrow night on the GTO... if I actually get out there and put the damn trans in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
          The Cutlass is still in the shop, still on the rotisserie, still needs the cowl and floors patched, then it can go back on the frame, get running, painted, and hauled to Chicago so the girl I am no longer with to enjoy it.

Mmmmm ... sounds like one project you can get rid of easily !

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Mmmmm ... sounds like one project you can get rid of easily !
            Yes, but we are still friends and she has paid for all the parts/supplies, so I need to finish it and get it to her.

Comment

Hello to fellow Yooper.
              Grew up near Ironwood and Hurley.
              Now live in Central Wisconsin.
              That is sure some Logging Camp construction of a house!!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
                Hello to fellow Yooper.
                Grew up near Ironwood and Hurley.
                Now live in Central Wisconsin.
                That is sure some Logging Camp construction of a house!!
                I moved UP here 15 years ago, originally from Nebraska, where the 1320 guys and Ligget and Crouch are from. I'm going for a logistics theme, containers, pallet walls, lots of interesting things along those lines due to my military time, loading cargo planes. The cabin that was here when I bought the place is the green one behind this one, and its falling in. Wasn't livable so I had to make something work. Its 51 outside today, loving this for March. Its usually cold most of the month.

Comment

15 years, eh?
                  Betja, the people "Up Da Road" still call Ya "Da New Guy from Nebraska, eh?"
                  Sorry, Yooper doesn't linguistic well to script.
                  Best learn a Little Finnish too.
                  You are A little south to get the Canadian radio stations, learning Celsius comes in handy for the weather reports, and km's for speed,
                  "I was doin a "Buck Twenty" just tryin to keep up with Ya....!!"

​​​​​
                  ​​

Comment

Definitely will hook a real car guy up . Hey , if I can watch a guy that has to wrap every car he gets even after special ordering a color on a vehicle, I can watch you . Good luck and hope you can eventually monetize it .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

15 years, eh?
                      Betja, the people "Up Da Road" still call Ya "Da New Guy from Nebraska, eh?"
                      Sorry, Yooper doesn't linguistic well to script.
                      Best learn a Little Finnish too.
                      You are A little south to get the Canadian radio stations, learning Celsius comes in handy for the weather reports, and km's for speed,
                      "I was doin a "Buck Twenty" just tryin to keep up with Ya....!!"

​​​​​
                      ​​
                      Its not hard to write like they talk here.. lol. Haven't heard a Canadian station that I know of, and really I don't listen to the radio much. I put stereos in tha thave USB and bluetooth, so I can have my own music on them, or audiobooks and podcasts.

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                      Definitely will hook a real car guy up . Hey , if I can watch a guy that has to wrap every car he gets even after special ordering a color on a vehicle, I can watch you . Good luck and hope you can eventually monetize it .
                      Thats the plan, eventually.. but not monetization, donations are ok though.. Having a shop issue right now, can't close the door because of frost heaves, so I have to wait until it warms again to finish the transmission project I been working on. I think for now I will use the pics from the 65 build and make a video about that odyssey, and I need to get some kind of stable mount for the camera, because its shaky as hell. No image stabilizer on it apparently, or its turned off. Cheap thing I got from Amazon, but it will work for some things.

Who wraps a car after special ordering paint for it... I don't wanna know. lol.

Comment

Street Speed 717
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Seeing what it looks like, and figuring out the camera and settings for all of it. Short and quiet because of the camera settings.

Comment

3+ feet of snow,
                            A Yooper's Anti Theft and Perrimeter Security System, eh?

Comment

3+ feet of snow,
                              A Yooper's Anti Theft and Perrimeter Security System, eh?
                              that, and 300' of driveway, five dogs now, and 2200fps brass/copper/steel

Comment

Working...
                              X