No announcement yet.

Corvid-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the past few days, billions of dollars of hotel rooms and plane flights went "poof" because of major sports franchises suspending activities. There is a serious financial side to this, and a lot of folks will be out of work or reduced pay, just when they need to deal with lots of other crap.

It's already bad, but it can get a lot worse if folks don't take it seriously and do what they can to help prevent the spread of the virus.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
      Many of you are TOO YOUNG to remember Polio, a very disabling disease. Entire households were quarantined if a member caught it. You can quickly date a person's age, LOOK on there shoulder for a polio vaccine scar.......
      Yes the run on TP is hilarious!!..
      Disease has been a part of this planet forever,
      plagues, pandemics, all but Genocide have brought the human population to its knees
      on it's own.....

Polio ran rampant, Isolation gave time to find a Vaccine, and keep it from spreading even worse.
      Public pools, events, etc were closed.
      And they never found out how it spread person to person, or if it needed a carrier between infections........

Last edited by Captain; March 12, 2020, 02:00 PM.

Comment

The last major virus die off was the Spanish flu in 1917.

This really is uncharted water - but Squirrel is right. Keep your head on, take reasonable steps, have a plan for the uncomfortable questions, but don't forget to live life.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Listen to the medical people, not the talking heads who are fanning the flames for ratings. Ten times worse? From

Flu deaths are .1%. This virus death rate is about 1%. It's truly truly ten times, but it's still 1%. Know anybody who's got it, or died from it? Keep it real.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
            Listen to the medical people, not the talking heads who are fanning the flames for ratings. Ten times worse? From

Flu deaths are .1%. This virus death rate is about 1%. It's truly truly ten times, but it's still 1%. Know anybody who's got it, or died from it? Keep it real.
            3-6%, yes and yes.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

3-6%, yes and yes.
              Sorry for your loss. Washington is leading the nation in cases and deaths. In a population of 330 million +.........1663 cases. Smaller than .0005% Deaths in those cases.....40. Around 2.5?
              It is my opinion that those numbers are not reason enough to hoard toilet paper.
              Source: https://corona.help/country/us
              Last edited by oletrux4evr; March 12, 2020, 05:39 PM.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Why would the government call off events?
                Where the hell did you get the idea the government is calling off these events?
                School closings, sports events cancelled - these are NOT government people making these decisions.

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

an awesome advantage now is the ability to watch statistics.
                  a quick spike in the graph over 3 days and pandemic button is pushed.

it has already dropped 2k less new cases than yesterday.. I suppose they need to be better safe than sorry

I actually smell it in maine, a taste of flu/cold. flemmy... and there is a hint of iron rich blood with it...like an animal.
                  I think my mom was the only one who understood what I was saying when I talked of my senses
                  I have never had a cold. Been in the same room wth dying lungs for years.

My locale is missing something china would have to set it off here.
                  the exhaust pipe of the continent..

I think it is going to fade away fast, the tilting earth is just going to break its delicate chain in the big sun.

Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

In all things - the Sun is a great disinfectant.
                    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I'm not the sharpest pencil in the cup but this seems to make sense, reducing contact would help prevent overwhelming the health care system (drugs needed, supplies, Dr. and Nurses) and on and on.

Phil / Omaha

Comment

My five year old daughter asked what color the coronavirus was. Talk about a simple question with a complicated answer! I tried to explain to her that it's smaller than light and so any picture you see has to use made-up colors. Trying to Google "How small is the COVID 19 virus?" afterward took several attempts at rewording the question before Google figured out I was actually looking for measurements. And the numbers you get are kind of hard to get a logical understanding of. However, it appears that the virus is four times smaller than purple. That's a bit of a weird one to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                          I'm not the sharpest pencil in the cup but this seems to make sense, reducing contact would help prevent overwhelming the health care system (drugs needed, supplies, Dr. and Nurses) and on and on.
                          I'd bet the 'measures' that graph depicts are hand washing, cover your cough, call you doctor if you feel symptomatic. With MSNBC pushing it, their propaganda will include all the crap that is causing the panic. You know......isolation, quarantine, cancellations, disrupt the markets.......the political aspect. Common sense should prevail over a 'killer' disease that so far has infected 1600 people in a population of 330 million, resulting in 40 deaths. More homeless people died on the streets last night from malnutrition or overdose than this 'disease' caused so far.
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post
                            My five year old daughter asked what color the coronavirus was. Talk about a simple question with a complicated answer! I tried to explain to her that it's smaller than light and so any picture you see has to use made-up colors. Trying to Google "How small is the COVID 19 virus?" afterward took several attempts at rewording the question before Google figured out I was actually looking for measurements. And the numbers you get are kind of hard to get a logical understanding of. However, it appears that the virus is four times smaller than purple. That's a bit of a weird one to think about.
                            LSD is a hell of a drug

Comment

So I heard a rumor that the census workers all had it and the only way to keep them from coming to your house is to fill out the census online!

​​​​​​ https://2020census.gov/?cid=20003:ce...=census%202020

I am not worried about getting it, but I worry I could spread it to loved ones that are in the high risk group. Can live on surfaces for hours or days? You can have it for a week with out symptoms, and transmit it.
                              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

I'd bet the 'measures' that graph depicts are hand washing, cover your cough, call you doctor if you feel symptomatic. With MSNBC pushing it, their propaganda will include all the crap that is causing the panic. You know......isolation, quarantine, cancellations, disrupt the markets.......the political aspect. Common sense should prevail over a 'killer' disease that so far has infected 1600 people in a population of 330 million, resulting in 40 deaths. More homeless people died on the streets last night from malnutrition or overdose than this 'disease' caused so far.
                                Good job Ed. There.
                                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                                X