My nephew is missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My nephew is missing

This is a long shot, but I know there are some guys in Kansas who can do something about it.

One of my nephews is missing and hasn't been seen since Thursday night. The cops in Wichita and Andover have the reports and are searching. Here is a FB page you can check out that has info you can link to..
    https://www.facebook.com/elisha.pile

If you see this man or his truck, call 911. Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by studemax; March 14th, 2020, 07:00 AM.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

power of the bangshift, 9 m ago 'found safe'

glad things worked out positively.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Hope all are OK.

Dan

Comment

As of 9AM this morning, Isaac has been found in the drunk tank in the next county over. DUI charges are pending. His mother is relieved, but disappointed.

My nephew reported over 1100 hits on his FB page. That's a lot of internet power....
        corvettedad likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
          As of 9AM this morning, Isaac has been found in the drunk tank in the next county over. DUI charges are pending. His mother is relieved, but disappointed.

My nephew reported over 1100 hits on his FB page. That's a lot of internet power....
          "it's complicated".... it could be a hell of a lot worse then a DUI case.... and that is me hoping that's 'all' it is.

I have a friend who disappeared - left her kids and everything - pops up 2 years later shacked up with some guy she'd been with since before she left...

Comment

DUI, leaving the scene of an accident, destruction of property..... the list goes on.

His mother went from super worried to super embarrassed.

Hope his work truck isn't mangled real bad. He just bought it, and it's his livelihood.
            Last edited by studemax; March 14th, 2020, 09:10 AM.

Comment

We have a friend that got three years after his sixth DUI. Six sounds bad but that is spread over about thirty years of incredibly bad luck. They say that they can only go back so many years but that is bunk. They do what they want. He just got out after eighteen months on "good behavior". But he had to have a job waiting & he had to get them to give him a work permit so that he can get to work. Your nephew appears to work for himself & has to drive in his job. Don't know how that will work out for him. But, if it is his first offense, and no one got hurt, they may cut him a break. But lots & lots of $$$ to the lawyers. Plus restitution for the accident, destruction of property & anything else on the list.
              ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
                But, if it is his first offense, and no one got hurt, they may cut him a break.
                Yep, "may," or "might." All I know without research is from over 30 years ago. Some states might conveniently just keep your license for a week or three before they'll hand it back. And then you get a license with one point on it for I can't remember, a year or two or three. One point. One and done. That's if you go to drunk school and jump through all the hoops including that whatchacallit22 insurance - a house is cheaper. It didn't take 6 times to convince me, just one.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I'm thinking his mom will go back to being super worried. Also, he has an 8 year old son who lives with him half the week..... Thank God the grandparents live right next door.

Comment

I'm thinking his mom will go back to being super worried. Also, he has an 8 year old son who lives with him half the week..... Thank God the grandparents live right next door.
                    And that will probably depend upon what the boys mother has to say about it. If she is of a mind to she could probably raise hell with that half-week visitation program. Especially if someone is bending her ear about it. If the visitation program was in some kind of a custody settlement it could work in his favor. He may have joint custody, I don't know. I'm just referring to it here as "visitation" for lack of knowledge of the situation.
                    ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

It's my understanding she is a serious drinker, while he quit drinking after the divorce. I do wonder why he fell off the wagon. A lawyer pal says this will cost Isaac around $25,000 in legal fees. Then there is the damage to his truck, and to whatever it was that he hit. Gonna be a very expensive lesson. But it's preferable to being dead.
                      silver_bullet and SuperBuickGuy like this.

Comment

It's my understanding she is a serious drinker, while he quit drinking after the divorce. I do wonder why he fell off the wagon. A lawyer pal says this will cost Isaac around $25,000 in legal fees. Then there is the damage to his truck, and to whatever it was that he hit. Gonna be a very expensive lesson. But it's preferable to being dead.
                        here is to hoping he gets a good bounce and never hits bottom again.
                        silver_bullet and like this.

Comment

Well, Glad they found him.
                          Hopefully he will learn from this.
                          A doubt he'll get any breaks, if there was damaged and he left .
                          I don't know what the laws of fines in your country.
                          But with everyone having a taxi call center in their pockets (cell phone) . I can't see the courts cutting anyone a break anymore .
                          Good luck with it all.
                          I know if this happened to me, I'd be fearing my mother and father more than the courts, no matter what age I am.
                          I'll pray that his child doesn't get taken from him.

Comment

The big questions I have now after he was in jail for almost 36 hours are: (1) Why didn't he get his free phone call? (2) Why didn't his name trigger a hit on 2 different missing persons list?

Comment

Well, answers are forthcoming.... He DID get his phone call. But he's a millennial and has never memorized a phone number, and doesn't even think to ask for a phone book. However, the booking officer needs glasses - he not only spelled PILE with a Y, but he neglected to check several boxes that would have gotten my nephew on the alert lists. Not worth a lawsuit to be sure, but an apology would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X