38 mile range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 38 mile range

highlights.... self-propelled gun has a range of 38.4 miles, can fire 10 rounds a minute and can shoot down helicopters and drones in flight.....
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

I wonder who we'll sell this technology to..........
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

More than doubling the effective range of artillery will forever change the ground assault gameplay in the future.

Comment

The towed 155s are manufactured just down the street from my work place!
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
          More than doubling the effective range of artillery will forever change the ground assault gameplay in the future.
          No more helicopter ops..........changes everything.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Is it going to make the rounds so expensive we won't fire them in training so in war people won't know how to use them? Are they going to be so expensive we don't "waste" them on just any target? Does give new meaning to the idea that if you're on the same planet as artillery, theoretically you're in range (told to me by an MLRS crewman from Ft. Carson when I asked if my house was in range of their live fire range). Granted I was in the Air Force but the JDAM is a great deal where you didn't have to think "does this munition cost more than what I'm firing it at" when you use it since it is a few thousands of dollars on what might be a Vietnam era dumb bomb.

Lets hope this turns out to be a usable weapon instead of an impressive capability that languishes due to lack of "worthy" targets.

P.S. I originally thought this was a reference to the Briggs and Straton Hybrid which had a similar range.
            Central TEXAS Sleeper
            USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Thats three times the range of my suburban on one gallon of gas. It might be as expensive to operate.
              Last edited by Dan Barlow; March 22, 2020, 05:22 PM.
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

GPS arty.. get it close and it finds the spot on its own.. 40 freakin miles away. Thats shooting the entire length of the stretch of highway I live on, and putting it in your back pocket rather than a general area. No longer is artillery addressed "To whom it may concern" now it says "special delivery with a surprise"

Comment

Since WWII weapon technology has been more for intimidation then function anyways. That's why the anti-drone capability is touted. Brute force is no longer the question.
                  My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

With Global Satellite Imagery,
                    Distant Targets will be Limited by the weapons range. Artillery will be obsolete. Missiles, Rockets, from great distances will become the norm.
                    The true "Push Button Wars" are Here or very close.......

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
                      With Global Satellite Imagery,
                      Distant Targets will be Limited by the weapons range. Artillery will be obsolete. Missiles, Rockets, from great distances will become the norm.
                      The true "Push Button Wars" are Here or very close.......
                      No matter how stand off the weapon, war will always be a personal business. There will always be boots on the ground.

That said, the deterrence factor - as mentioned above, this is an anti-helicopter weapon, and that is a game changer. Still, I drew a circle of what I could hit from my house....
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Dmv.......dnr....?

Comment

I rue the day that "MY" range decreases to 38 miles.

Comment

Working...
                          X