Social Distancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Distancing

I am not sure what the big deal is - I have been practicing this for years. I always assumed it had to due with my personal hygiene.

Introverts paradise

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
      I am not sure what the big deal is - I have been practicing this for years. I always assumed it had to due with my personal hygiene.
      I'm not a fan of people, so this 'emergency measure' really is a good thing (for them)..... I have this, and I know this is going to come as a shock to all of you, ability be kind of blunt.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Why I living out in the county, only close neighbors I have is an old cemetery.
        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Living in The Iron Triangle of Area BFE in Wisconsin, has always been to my advantage.
          Live on a Private Dirt Road with only one full time resident besides myself. Gives me a over a mile long test track, hunting right out the back door, 6-7 lakes for fishing all 10 minutes away,
          and if I have a Yard Party, nobody to Call the County Cops about the Good Time we're having.
          So other than the kids bringing up the Grand Kids to visit, only other visitors is when the Flea Bay parts arrive.

Comment

I'm a fairly social animal but I understand the need and ME and I are following the guidelines as well as possible. I went out yesterday for groceries and meds but kept distance between me and others - a little awkward for me but manageable. While I was out I picked up carry out lunch at one of our local restaurants and they really NEED our support now more than ever. Besides, the ribs are good as always.

I'm lucky to have a wife that I actually like. Being holed up with her isn't a sacrifice! And Little Andy is also good company (woof!).

Dan

Comment

Island hopping today .

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                Why I living out in the county, only close neighbors I have is an old cemetery.
                you are the second person I know who has a cemetery for a neighbor.... I hear it's a great place until the zombies come out.... then it would probably be a tough place to sell.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

you are the second person I know who has a cemetery for a neighbor.... I hear it's a great place until the zombies come out.... then it would probably be a tough place to sell.
                  No zombies, just a Lady who comes in the house and is seated like she's playing the piano.
                  Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                  If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                    I'm a fairly social animal but I understand the need and ME and I are following the guidelines as well as possible. I went out yesterday for groceries and meds but kept distance between me and others - a little awkward for me but manageable. While I was out I picked up carry out lunch at one of our local restaurants and they really NEED our support now more than ever. Besides, the ribs are good as always.

I'm lucky to have a wife that I actually like. Being holed up with her isn't a sacrifice! And Little Andy is also good company (woof!).

Dan
                    DAN. Untill this is over buy canned or frozen veg/fruit. Fresh is not a good idea with everyone hands and breathing on it . .

Comment

I live rural too.
                      I actually do not notice a slow down.
                      loggers are trucking etc.

my neighbor had a request for masks (she can't drive), but she is out and about too without it.
                      She survived a bout with lung cancer. just got all her hair growing back not long ago.

What grabbed my attention is my seeming endless subscriptions to explorers on you tube.

I just watched Vegas with hardly anything happening on video.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

My near total lack of a social filter makes it natural for me to keep my distance. And yet I managed to have a couple of dust-ups with store clerks this past weekend. One says "can't fill your refill glass at the drink counter as long as this is going on". OK. So I filled it with one of theirs & then poured it into mine. You'd have thought that I just took her last fat pill. Then a check-out clerk at my local Menards got all uppity after I took a step towards her to help move my cart out of her way after she was done. So much for trying to help her out.
                        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

There was a news blurb a couple days ago, Grandma had her 95th birthday. It was a video, Grandma outside the front door on her walker and all the family stretched out across the front yard, well away, and all spaced about 6 feet apart holding up a letter to spell out Happy something or another. They were social distancing for the video, and a great job of it. But if you look around, all of them showed up in one car and a minivan, parked by the curb.
                          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Pdub, exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I too have a cemetery on my property. Most recent date in 1957, but most are from the early 20th century and few earlier than that. As odd as it may sound it is something I liked about the place when we bought it. Haven't seen any zombies yet though.
                              Back on track, living out in the country does allow a lot more freedom when staying away from the general public. I can walk out to the garage play with the Studebakers, walk through the woods to the cemetery and go over to the building I use for an office and mess around. If I still lived back in town I would have none of that. I feel pretty lucky. With age and my medical situation I would have been mighty hard to deal with, during any kind quarantine, self imposed or not. Thanks to living out of town.
                              Last edited by JRoberts; March 25, 2020, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X