No announcement yet.

Hot Rod Power Tour ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So now it legitimizes hoarding/looting? I believe that the stores would much rather have a steady business flow, vs the ebb and flow of hoarders...
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
      So now it legitimizes hoarding/looting? I believe that the stores would much rather have a steady business flow, vs the ebb and flow of hoarders...
      If they are paying for it. It is commerce . The store dont care if 1 guy buys it all or 5 guys. They sold it. Sadly folks that go intovthe stores to buy it and it is gone are out of luck till itvis refilled ..
      it is silly the amount of stuff some are buying ,but lootting it is not.
      I can see a bunch of people wrapping t-p for the holiday's as gifts .

Comment

You read my mind, being by myself here in the Iron Triangle, I'm expecting TP for All of my White Elephant Gifts come December....

Comment

That's kind of funny, but, our local stores do care...(special hours for seniors and those with health issues)... Even Wal-mart, HyVee, and the larger chains are following suit... civilization has to show the way!
          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
            I believe that the stores would much rather have a steady business flow, vs the ebb and flow of hoarders...
            I got shipped off to train some guys at a paper mill in a not very populated area of Canada. The little town was the paper mill. I mean, it was the paper mill and all of its employees and the support services so they could all live there. A few of them didn't even own cars, they didn't need a car to walk to work. They had a drug store, a grocery store, a Bob Evans, a liquor store, a pizza shop, a bank and a motel (to serve the visitors to the paper mill).

The grocery store. It was maybe twice the square footage as one of our 7-11 stores. Long shelves that had a very few items spaced out down the length of them. I commented about it at the mill, you guys sure don't have a lot of stuff to pick from. They actually embraced it, they called it "minimalistic." They said it makes life simpler, fewer choices to have to make all the time.

What made me think of that was, I went to the local grocery store yesterday morning. Those shelves....there they are again...not from permanent lack of supply but from being bought out.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

The problem with hoarders is not with them, they are simply selfish. The problem lies with those who do not hoard........they need an item such as T/P and there is none available. It's all stockpiled in the morons' garages for them to chuckle about when giving it as Christmas gifts. It's too bad that can't be tracked. They are strong candidates for the "crap in a sack, set it on fire on their front porches" prank.
              Last edited by oletrux4evr; March 27, 2020, 05:28 PM.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Patrick & Tammy

Comment

I reccomended bum rushing 2 guys with 4 heaping carts of tp and distribute it Robin Hood style on fb, it got removed

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                    The problem with hoarders is not with them, they are simply selfish. The problem lies with those who do not hoard........they need an item such as T/P and there is none available. It's all stockpiled in the morons' garages for them to chuckle about when giving it as Christmas gifts. It's too bad that can't be tracked. They are strong candidates for the "crap in a sack, set it on fire on their front porches" prank.
                    I don't know if I'd go that far and do anything posted above. SORRY. Two wrongs don't make a right.. I think the media making the claims about how much of the t-p comes from china and how long the virus can last on hard and soft surfaces CAUSED the run on the T-p. Looking at stores it isn't just, t-p that folks are buying in bulk. Rice, dry pasta, canned everything , bleach and cleaning products .
                    Most of the stores I've been in , although admittedly I can only comment on what I am seeing on hawaii but . Most stores have signs up that they will be suspending their return policy. And there is a list of items that they will not be taking returns of at all. All sales are final.
                    I could be wrong but I think that sign will slow the madness when folks know they cant stockpile items then later just return them.
                    I didn't get to shop before we left for the trip, to pick up items before they run out. Only going by what I see but even the little stores on islands get restocked faster than back home. Be grateful for that.
                    When we get back dinner might depend on what we catch , and t-p might be just one of the things we might not be able to buy . And why we will be bringing baby wipes back in our luggage .
                    The locals here on Kauai have said .this is no different than anytime they are told their might be a bad storm or rain. People empty out store stock.
                    The workers at the store I went to, today were just happy they work at a grocery store and are working , many are sidelined and don't know when they will be back working.
                    That can be stressful. I just hope it all ends soon so everyone can take a deep breath and relax. Maybe this will Remind folks to be thankful for what they have . And rethink their goals in life.

Comment

It's been 10 days now, and shelves are still empty. Of all the commodities you mention. That should tell you something. But the paper sack is a kid's Halloween prank that most of us would never do, even though we would like to as some form of retribution.........
                      Last edited by oletrux4evr; March 28, 2020, 04:35 AM.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I've been On Pipeline jobs.....
                        "Man Camps" (ladies too).....
                        You have to Visualize a Trading Post !!
                        You were happy your mail came in on the Local Shipment !!
                        Maybe this is Why I can Live on the end of a Dirt Road, have to go to the "Hard Top Road" to get MY Mail.....
                        life is Normal....... C-19 .....or not.....

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                          It's been 10 days now, and shelves are still empty. Of all the commodities you mention. That should tell you something.
                          I'm just glad the hoarders don't like canned asparagus, we sure do. The canned vegetable aisle, smoking hole, just keep on buggying. Wait, is that.....(like Joey Fatone on Common Knowledge)...it ISSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

And with all that hoarding a lot more houses on PDub's block with the garage full and the cars in the driveway.
                            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                              And with all that hoarding a lot more houses on PDub's block with the garage full and the cars in the driveway.
                              It's probably changed the inheritance landscape. The reading of the will: "And to the eldest son, a garage full of toilet paper."

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
                                They postponed the Indy 500 !!
                                The track is one of the stops......
                                HRPT is a couple of weeks later.
                                I think it is going to be postponed or rescheduled.
                                Rescheduled! Late August. Some venues have changed.

Comment

Working...
                                X