No announcement yet.

How I spent my COVID19 vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my April Fools jokes on me early yesterday.
    Little Fixits turn up more Fixits.....
    Shaggin Wagon is still in the shop, fuel tank vent leak explosed a rust hole in floor, just a oil change on Back up gen set reveals a sticky start relay (it has a 24 volt start winding in the generator) so it's in the other bay. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200325_111635.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	801.7 KB
ID:	1266672

Comment

If it ain't one thing it's another - or both. Keep on pushin'

Dan

Comment

This Shelter in Place has been everything but sit and watch the Man Hater's TV show with Woopie and girls.......
        Every day it's something else......
        Water heater replacement,
        found all sorts of ODD Fixits on the Shaggin Wagon, and Gen Set, ......
        Maybe it was meant to be, as now I have time instead of finding them when you are using them.

Comment

I so hate attempting to use a tool for a project, but you have to fix the tool before you can use it ... another prerequisite project.

Comment

Our next door neighbor is spending his COVID19 vacation fixing the fence between our properties. I say "Good for him." He thinks I'm old and infirm and I no reason to tell him otherwise.

Dan

Comment

Well, we're surviving just fine without celebrities or sports figures. Farmers are still working.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Beautiful day here, 60° sunny, light wind, opened the shop doors, washed my vehicles, put the Gen Set back in the Blue Barn.
                Last night first time the frogs were singing !!
                spring is coming!

Comment

Was to rain today, so with the stall empty by my NOS (Never Out of Style) parts room and the Mini Paint Booth and Parts Washer Bay.....
                  Decided to "Clean House" !! Been tripping over stuff (spelled SHIT), and could not use the parts washer, it was buried under more stuff.

Comment

Here's the archeological digs start... Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG1325.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	1266891Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG1328.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	776.0 KB
ID:	1266892

Comment

And Lookie what I found in the first layer of "Stuff" !!!!

Hey, Squirrel, Free to a Good Home !! Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG1329.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	717.5 KB
ID:	1266894

Comment

Looks like my shop. I was lazy today and did nothin' - but I did it well.

Dan

Comment

New to this site but known to DanStokes. I have to work during the COVID19 vacation. The joys of working, rather being employed, by government. Been puttering in the garage after work some days. Dan, Maggie and I got a new house, about a half mile from the old one. Don't tell me you never finished the Buick for LSR racing. And everyone is right, this glowing old crap is not for the faint hearted.

Comment

Welcome Dave, if you know Old Stokes, you oughta fit in..

Comment

He's only as old as I feel! Dan and I worked together in the 90's in Michigan. We had the Crusher Camaro at work one week for dyno tests. I'll let him tell the story, altho I have the picture of him Lou and Norm Brandes to blackmail them all.

Comment

Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post
                                He's only as old as I feel! Dan and I worked together in the 90's in Michigan. We had the Crusher Camaro at work one week for dyno tests. I'll let him tell the story, altho I have the picture of him Lou and Norm Brandes to blackmail them all.
                                Welcome Dave! We'll have to compare stories! Spent a lot of time with Norm back in 2013 when he was doing a Hot Rod to the Rescue article on my 68 Chevelle.
                                Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
                                Gregg and Deb Miller
                                Verona, Wi.

Comment

Working...
                                X