• Show
Clear All

Going to the dogs?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Border Collie.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	1267519
    ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

got a deal on a room at the Sahara during SEMA ... happy dance. Still don't know if flying or driving, but crossing fingers it goes off... if it doesn't I'm out $50... for the deal, worth it.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Excellent! OH don't we all need to get out to shake off Cabin Fever

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
          Going to the dogs?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Border Collie.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	1267519
          Now I need to film my mantracking bloodhounds watching Cops.... lol

Comment

I thought with everyone sequestered, that the forum would get busier, but it's ghost town ...

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
              I thought with everyone sequestered, that the forum would get busier, but it's ghost town ...
              Maybe it is warm enough to be using the time to work on their vehicles or home, spring cleaning?
              Or working from home.
              A long time buddy and his wife are working from home and having to keep the kids under control.
              If I was able to get supplies before being told at the airport to go home and stay there for 16 days. I'd have got supplies to het some projects done.
              We are stripping the woodwork in a room and out of sandpaper. Could not go get any. .
              Will be back to work soon and the free time will be gone but we'll be able to get the sandpaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                it takes time to avoid the Gestapo

Comment

What is this term..."Vacation"??? Essential worker here... although the traffic has lightened considerably as far as the roads go... the river? not so much...
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Since I am retired I don't have to worry missing a pay check. I am old enough and have enough medical maladies that I am pretty much staying at home. I quickly found that I was getting so bored that I had to find something to do. I did do some work on my lawn tractor and then mowed our acreage for the first time this season. I have been getting the green Studebaker out once a week or so, grabbing my camera taking off down the back roads in my area. I live out in the country to less traveled back roads are easy to come by. I don't stop and country stores or anywhere else where people might be. When I find an interesting old building I stop pose the Studebaker and take a picture or two. It doesn't account for much other than giving me some time out of the house doing something that I really enjoy.

Comment

I've been working from home for a while now and it's really starting to feel like ground hog day. Though I love working from home, saving the commute hassle, saving the gas and wear and tear on the vehicles, it just feels weird. Thankfully we live pretty close to a Menards which has stayed open through all this hysteria, so I've been working on getting allot of house projects done, so I can get back out to the shop sooner instead of later. The only "hotrod" progress I've made lately is some assembly of the DIYAutotune EFI computer, nearly done with that, then need to finish the simulator so I can bench test it.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                        I've been working from home for a while now and it's really starting to feel like ground hog day. Though I love working from home, saving the commute hassle, saving the gas and wear and tear on the vehicles, it just feels weird. Thankfully we live pretty close to a Menards which has stayed open through all this hysteria, so I've been working on getting allot of house projects done, so I can get back out to the shop sooner instead of later. The only "hotrod" progress I've made lately is some assembly of the DIYAutotune EFI computer, nearly done with that, then need to finish the simulator so I can bench test it.
                        I miss the commute, but not the traffic, The commute allows me to play music that my s.o. does not care for.
                        Didn't miss the traffic and all the stress that goes with it.

Comment

We've just been staying home more. I'll save up for a trip to the grocery store instead of running out frequently to get just a thing or two. In our county as of yesterday there's been 38 confirmed cases with 34 recovered and 1 deceased. At our age plus we're smokers, we're probably being overly careful since this is not in any way a "hot spot."

They never have closed the Greenway here though they did rope off the big plastic playground and the pavilion areas. So we'll take the Retirement Racing trikes out there and cruise, it's a mighty nice ride. Yesterday we were the only ones we saw out there with face masks but we've seen a few other older folks wearing them at times. What do they say about discretion and valor?

I mounted the GoPro to the front fender on my trike and here we go. If you've got 17 minutes to spare during the lockdown, go with us. Fast forward it and it looks like we're really hauling ass. The whole trail is 4 miles long and this is about a mile and a quarter of it before the camera timed out and I didn't know it had quit. It kept on flashing, but it sure wasn't recording.

Last edited by pdub; April 25, 2020, 05:31 AM.
                          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

That's cool Peewee, glad y'all are good. Hopefully when all this is over with I can come visit.
                            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Meanwhile, I'm stuck abroad, working on a real estate investment project in Budapest real estate, far from any car project. But at least, I managed to grab some plastic models before the lockdown and have a good Internet connection, so it's not like everything's lost!
                              Last edited by Flanker27; May 17, 2020, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flanker27 View Post
                                Meanwhile, I'm stuck abroad, working on a real estate investment project in Budapest, far from any car project. But at least, I managed to grab some plastic models before the lockdown and have a good Internet connection, so it's not like everything's lost!
                                Sorry I haven't said "Welcome Aboard" yet! I love having non-USA folks so we can get different perspectives. As hard as it is for us USAers to realize, we're not all there is in the automotive world. Different cultures different needs, different outlooks.

Thanks for signing in

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X