Hawaii total lock down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii total lock down.

Anyone that comes to the islands or goes from one island to another must quarantine for 14 day . I drove around yesterday and had to enter a road block. . And was told that even though we have been here before the required quarantine started 3-26 , that we are only allowed out of our home,condo,etc to goto the food store, medical treatment or to the airport. Or risk a 5000.00 fine and up to a year in prison .
    So no more photos untill I get home.
    Any other parts of your country start this limiting of movement , travel ?
    Even just driving around taking pictures is not allowed and we'd be in contact with no one . I understand why they want to keep people stationary, but the fines and risk of jail time seems out of place .

Not yet. Only time will tell how much freedom the government takes, or how the people accept it.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

At the moment, it is up to the State Governors, at least until the President orders a federal level one.

Comment

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I'm waiting for the first gov. official to try to enforce those orders - they will always use the terms "requested" "suggested" and any other word like that because if they force you to stay at home when you don't have the virus - they violate a fundamental principle of the Constitution. Sure, the gov. wins for a moment, but in the end whoever wins that lottery will have enough to buy their own island chain...

Those "imprison" or "fine" statements have this really big asterisk - gatherings that require a permit. If you want to watch this play out, there's a church in Florida that met last weekend.... let's see how the government reacts... guessing there will be crickets.... at this moment it's all bluster - but now that the gauntlet has been thrown... still suspect there will be crickets. Because of the Constitution is to protect the very things they did.... sure, the government can make things uncomfortable for a bit - but (and I don't predict outcomes) - this has been tested in dozens of ways and every single time the Constitution prevails not the bureaucrat.

with that said, if you're sick and you go out... heaven help you. If the mob doesn't kill you, the government will imprison you for a long, long time.
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 30, 2020, 12:11 PM.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          I've said it before, I'll say it again. I'm waiting for the first gov. official to try to enforce those orders - they will always use the terms "requested" "suggested" and any other word like that because if they force you to stay at home when you don't have the virus - they violate a fundamental principle of the Constitution. Sure, the gov. wins for a moment, but in the end whoever wins that lottery will have enough to buy their own island chain...

Those "imprison" or "fine" statements have this really big asterisk - gatherings that require a permit. If you want to watch this play out, there's a church in Florida that met last weekend.... let's see how the government reacts... guessing there will be crickets.... at this moment it's all bluster - but now that the gauntlet has been thrown... still suspect there will be crickets. Because of the Constitution is to protect the very things they did.... sure, the government can make things uncomfortable for a bit - but (and I don't predict outcomes) - this has been tested in dozens of ways and every single time the Constitution prevails not the bureaucrat.

with that said, if you're sick and you go out... heaven help you. If the mob doesn't kill you, the government will imprison you for a long, long time.
          A lady was cuffed and stuffed and given a 4000.00 fine two days ago. So.
          no idea if the fine will get tossed when she goes to court . But ATM she is looking at a 4000.00 fine to pay . The tow and vehicle impound .
          One of the local channels on the island had the story on the 6pm news Saturday.
          S.O. watched the news . I did not see it. I was out taking photos .
          Last edited by Eric; March 30, 2020, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post

A lady was cuffed and stuffed and given a 4000.00 fine two days ago. So.
            no idea if the fine will get tossed when she goes to court . But ATM she is looking at a 4000.00 fine to pay . The tow and vehicle impound .
            One of the local channels on the island had the story on the 6pm news Saturday.
            S.O. watched the news . I did not see it. I was out taking photos .
            welcome to the law in the US.... it is reactive, not proactive (unless, of course DUI)...
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 30, 2020, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

welcome to the law in the US.... it is reactive, not proactive (unless, of course DUI)...
              You'd know better than I.
              I'm sure when we get off a plane at home we will be told the same things. I have not even bothered to keep up with it as family at home is saying everything is changing almost daily. So , I will worry about that when we set foot on home.

Comment

If you get a notice not to eat canned meat because of the virus ignore it. It's spam.
                My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                  If you get a notice not to eat canned meat because of the virus ignore it. It's spam.
                  What, no drum roll!

Comment

Twinkies !!!
                    Spam !!!
                    Eternital shelf life.......

Comment

RE- SPAM....

Originally posted by Eric View Post

What, no drum roll!

if you get an email with "knock knock" or "ding dong" as the title,
                      dont open it. its the jehova witnesses working from home...............

Comment

Sooo... what did they do? arrested him, but the punch line...
                        The Florida megachurch pastor who made national headlines for holding crowded services Sunday has been arrested Monday afternoon for defying government orders amid the coronavirus pandemic, Fox News confirmed.

"breach of peace by 3 or more persons"

"violation of health and safety rules"

shame on the cops for even trying this tactic - they will lose and they will lose badly.... as they rightly should. I feel sorry for the rank and file officer, because they face a substantial risk of losing their badge and their freedom when this gets reviewed.

Comment

So why would you pick now to go on vacation? Just asking.

Comment

I am less than miles from county line with no cases, the one I am in must be the bigger cities south with 11 total, 2 recovered.

"the county" (aroostook) still has none.

no sign of super slow.

I am in a public housing building with total pigs.. or really disabled and starving would be a nicer way to say it.
                            my immediate neighbor just won her lung cancer not all that long ago.

it ain't over til its over.. but am not at all worried right now.

I walked logging land several miles yesterday.
                            still out and about.

hope all stay healthy. my nose tells me this is something from the sun. Call me weird..but that is just me.
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by 66 lemans View Post
                              So why would you pick now to go on vacation? Just asking.
                              Planned months ago. Oct 2019 . The money was spent if we went or stayed home. No refunds . Oh, and everyone said it was a china problem not a world wide one . We left for vacation 3-13

Comment

Working...
                              X