Poor Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STINEY View Post

You may have actually gotten clobbered by your (legally) own tree.
    Golly, thank you SO much for that insight Stiney! Wow, I'm going to talk to those people in that house right this minute. In 12 years I've never even done it and I should have. Thanks so much.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
      Pine trees are deadfalls waiting to happen.
      And lighting rods, house got hit once, blew the root out of the ground from the tree to the house! It got my AC, blew the thermostat off the wall and down the hall 20 ft to the kitchen and left a burned outline where it had been. Enough, cut 30 tree's off my 3 acres.
      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Well, I just got back from making friends with the neighbor behind us. Really nice guy. He heard the big crash in the night and got up and went outside thinking somebody had wrecked into his truck in his driveway. He's as much muddled as we are about the easement if there is one and who if anybody is supposed to maintain the land and all of that but he does not care if the trees get gone. He said we can drop them into his yard if that makes it easier. We'll be waving at each other in our back yards.

I'm going to pay the bill for it because it's an immediate threat to our house and will never be a threat to his house, the trees are too far away from his house to hit it. I've called Mister Tree again and he'll look at them on Sunday and cut them within the next two weeks. His jobs are backed up after the tornado carved up Chattanooga. It's a miracle we were able to get service yesterday, he called his crew off of another job since ours was more of an emergency because today it's raining.

And the tarp over the hole in the roof works better than the rain gutter ever did. I can sit in the kitchen and watch rain run right off of there. Kinda peaceful like a waterfall.

Comment

Have you found your property corners? I am not throwing stones o don't know where mine are.

Some times you can find them on your own other you need a survivor to locate them. It looks likes Cleveland's GIS site might have GPS pull it up on a smart phone and walk out to the corner. The photo makes it look like a few feet of the trees are yours but mostly the neighbor behind.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
            Have you found your property corners?
            Nope, I have no clue. The plat looks like they built this neighborhood in 1987 without surveying for where to put the foundations for the houses. It shows one side of our house a few inches from the property line. That's the second time I've bought into a situation like that and I've only owned three houses in my life. So I'm real slow to learn from prior mistakes.

Comment

We had our lot surveyed last year.... wound up costing 1200 dollars.... our entire neighborhood has houses nearly on top of the property lines.... having a property dispute right now....
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

It doesn't look that bad on GIS but it is normally tax map quality not survey quality. If only we knew a rear surveyor paging BBR !

Have you been to this site type in your address

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                  Have you been to this site type in your address
                  Cool, I hadn't seen that particular one. That's a pretty good picture of it. The guy I met with is in 186 behind us. That's where the killer tree came from. We decided in all of this that we don't even need or like that back fence anymore. I got out there beating on it and Superman and SM Jr. did the heavy work hauling the panels out to the street.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010734.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	1269724

Comment

Right of ways... Hate them! Those that "own" them never maintain them, if they do, they screw it up royally that makes it harder for those who maintain them..I'd say mow it, call it good.. After trees gone..

Comment

The one best way to prevent a tree from falling on your house is to get rid of the trees. Those tree guys are sure fun to watch. They just now felled the tall top of the tallest pine tree and the end of it landed about 2 feet from our air conditioner. Lemme tell ya, these guys are GOOD. I can publish and post the pine tree video if y'all like this one.

Comment

Limb? What limb.

Comment

Growing up one of my best friend's Dad was the Chief Forrester for Huron Metroparks, a major chain of parks in SE Michigan. They (the Dad and 4 sons) often did tree trimming on Saturdays as a side job and I sometimes helped. This was before wood chippers and tracked vehicles - he had sons instead. I never climbed (I suppose Henry (the Dad) didn't want to explain to my Dad what happened to my arm) but I cut up stuff once it was on the ground, stuffed the trailer with limbs and raked up the schrapnel. All the boys climbed and it was a ballet to watch them. Sometimes they also used a member of Henry's team from his work to climb - he was perhaps the first serious hot rodder I ever met. I was never good with heights so never aspired to do that work but it was fun to watch as a team member which was like being a supporting cast member in the play (it was a small town so this was entertainment for the masses).

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                            Limb? What limb.
                            Well, the owner/bossman/ramrod said he'd like to have the photos or videos I was shooting. When he found out what I can do he said he would PAY me to film their procedures. So this one is a "commercial" I did for him free of charge.

Comment

Nice job! BTW - you can be sure that saw is SHARP! Very dangerous to be in a tree with a dull saw - kickbacks, excessive operator pressure required, etc. Or so they told me.

Dan

Comment

Going to have a monster size oak tree in my front yard trimmed up in about a month, HUGE limbs. John's going to have a field day watching them. Then Robert's going to have a field day cutting it up for firewood.

Comment

Working...
                                X