Home Improvement Observation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Improvement Observation

I was a plumber at one point in my life and have handled many toilets in my day. Yesterday I had to replace the wax ring on one of ours and I found myself wondering just when they started making toilets out of lead. I looked it up and this Japanese one (it's a Toto) weighs 87 lbs. Or maybe they've always been heavy and I'm just getting old.....

Dan

Somo Wrestlers size ??

Comment

You forgot to drain it.. A clawfoot tub weighs 250 lbs...

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Or maybe they've always been heavy and I'm just getting old.....

Dan
        Interesting point there Dan. I've been wondering for the past several years why they had to all of a sudden start making car batteries that all weigh over 200 pounds...
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Surplus of fork truck batteries .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Just remember Dan "Weebles wobble, but they don't flush down!" Now tell the rest of the story...

Comment

Oh, you mean the Weebles story? OK......

Back when my bro and I were plumbing in OK he had pulled up a toilet to fix a clog and pulled out a handful of Weebles. He rinsed them out and held them out in his gloved hand to the lady of the house to let her know that Junior was the cause of the expensive repair. The woman grabbed then out of his hand saying "Oh! That's where they went!" and turned to hane them back to Junior. He asked if she knew there those had been and shouldn't she boil them if she intended to give them back to the kid. The lady sort of slowly came back to the real world and said sort of half-heartedly "Well, I guess I should....." I wonder if that kid made it to adulthood.

Dan

Comment

Hence the reason Dan knows stuff runs downhill as mentioned in another thread...

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                  I was a plumber at one point in my life and have handled many toilets in my day. Yesterday I had to replace the wax ring on one of ours and I found myself wondering just when they started making toilets out of lead. I looked it up and this Japanese one (it's a Toto) weighs 87 lbs. Or maybe they've always been heavy and I'm just getting old.....

Dan
                  Toto toilets are heavy indeed. I have two elongated Toto bowls installed at my house and according to the manufacturer's site and this page, they should weight around 89 lbs but to me, they were weighting above 100 lbs when we were installing it. Still, those are decent toilets in my opinion.
                  Last edited by Lavender; May 15, 2020, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X