No announcement yet.

Would you drive with this broken wheel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you drive with this broken wheel?

Cop pulled over this schmuck with the broken wheel... CRAZY!
    Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

speaking as someone who has lost not one but two tires off two different trailers .... sure, I can see it happening.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      speaking as someone who has lost not one but two tires off two different trailers .... sure, I can see it happening.
      But were you pulling both different trailers at the same time when a tire came off of each one at the same time? I've seen they let folks pull three trailers in some places west of The River out there in Wacko Land.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

But were you pulling both different trailers at the same time when a tire came off of each one at the same time? I've seen they let folks pull three trailers in some places west of The River out there in Wacko Land.
        nope.... though they came from the same city.

the tighten thing... of the 3 times i've lost a wheel, 2 of the times someone had borrowed a tire and not tightened it when they put it back... might even be 3 of 3 but I never inquired on one. I should have checked, but what kind of moron doesn't tighten the wheel back on? sadly, I actually know the answer to that question.
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 23, 2020, 08:01 AM.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          what kind of moron doesn't tighten the wheel back on? sadly, I actually know the answer to that question.
          HahahHa!! That made me re-remember all over again....I used to work on the shipping dock with a guy who looked a lot like Mister T. He was every bit that big and he even talked and sounded like him. Well, he went to get a new set of tires for his tricked-out A-Team van. He left the tire store and stopped at a stoplight down the street a ways. All of a sudden, he noticed a wheel going by. It passed him and rolled right on through the intersection, cars dodging it. He said, "YO!!!! YO man, that looks like MY wheel !!!"
          Last edited by pdub; April 23, 2020, 08:15 AM.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel..... (We used to sing it that way back in the day.)

Dan

Comment

Well played Dan, well played indeed.
              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                Well played Dan, well played indeed.
                Wish I could say I came up with that but alas, it was not mine. But it did fit right here.

Dan

Comment

I was driving down the road at about 20 yrs old ( 38 yrs ago ) and had a wheel start making all kinds of racke and starting to make my lug hole look like that . I had two nuts left and they had about 3 more threads before departing . I ended up stealing some lugs from the rest of the wheels to get home about 5 miles . Very carefully.
                  Second one the wife was coming home in her van at the time . Called me up one her cell and said come and get this van it sounds like its about to come apart . I'm not driving it any further . She only had about 6 more miles . So out I go to rescue her thinking the motor was about to send a few rods out the side . I get there and walk around it and notice the lugs on the driver front were loose . Not wanting to admitt I didn't get them tight enough , I looked at how loose they were and determined the I could make it home going very slow , and tighten them up after she went inside to cook supper. Yeah , I made it about half way and it pasted me and the front left dropped about 6 inches but over all was alot less dramatic than you'd think . So , unfortunately I know who didn't get the wheels tightened enough in both cases and I would drive it to get it home . Not too bad for 48 years of driving . I would do the first scenario againg but not the second . I wasn't likely to hit anyone out in the country but , it could have . I was amazed how far it went .
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                  X