Spidergearsman aka Jim O'Mahony has passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spidergearsman aka Jim O'Mahony has passed away

Spidey was a fixture on this forum and many others. Sadly, his health took a bad turn a few years ago, and he had been in an assisted living facility for a while. May he rest in peace, be able to watch old school NASCAR racing while sipping his favorite beer, and racing his beloved Nova. RIP Jim.

Below is a Facebook post from his sister, Mary Ellen Mayer, on April 28th:

It is with a heavy heart that we announce the passing of our brother, Jimmy. He died of natural causes peacefully in his sleep yesterday morning.

Jimmy was the most generous person that I knew. He would help anyone at anytime. He was my GPS way before there was even such a thing. He knew everything about everything! In looking at him by his size, he could be intimidating, but when you got to know him, he was the nicest, friendliest guy in the world. Jimmy was my protector. He took me on the Dragon Coaster at Playland when I was about 10 years old, I was really scarred, but sitting snugly next to him, I felt completely secure.

We had many good times growing up. As we aged to adults, we didn’t see each other as much as we have the last six years. I saw what a loving, proud father he was. Loving, caring son and a very appreciative brother. He was missed the second that we knew he passed. I know he is in Heaven with our Dad walking and probably catching up on politics. I hope that he meets Dale Earnhardt and they have a steak dinner together or maybe some chicken wings from Hooters. I really just hope all his ailments are gone and he is feeling great! I know he will be watching over many of us, especially his two children Daniel and Cathryn. Rest In Peace my big brother Jimmy. Love you forever, 1 4 3 as Mommy and Daddy would say. ❤️
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Our heartfelt condolences and prayers to his family and friends! Spidey will be missed by many!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Spidey and I used to butt heads on the regular over on Gearheaders…. I knew he was sick, and salute him as he passes.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Peace brother ...

Comment

Really enjoied chatting with him.. He had a way of getting to the point.. Never met him but felt a kinship.. Rest well, condolences to his family..

Comment

Miss that guy... RIP Jim.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

He was one of those on here who contributed heaps, his post count was over 22000.
              His last post here was in July 2015.

RIP Sipdey.
              Tim
              Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

Sad to hear of his passing . He was great to have around here .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Jim was a good guy, hung out with him a few times. He had some great stories to tell. Rest In Peace Spidey.
                  58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

R.I.P. Spidey
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

So sorry to hear this. I know we all have to go sometime but it still sucks. I've missed him on here - his input was valuable. Peace to those who loved him.

And Scott - good to hear from you though I wish the topic was happier. Please check in from time to time.

Dan
                      Last edited by DanStokes; May 1, 2020, 07:17 AM.

Comment

God speed Jim, you are missed!
                        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

I wish I knew what to say, from the old Hot Rod forums, to Rodders Corner, to here, and Facebook of course. I wish I could have met him while I was still in the north east, tried to once before I moved, but it never happened.
                          Jim,
                          Rest in peace man, I enjoyed your comments when it came to cars. He always seemed like a good dude. I'll keep your family in my prayers.
                          Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Rest in peace, Spidey.
                            I'm probably wrong

Comment

RIP Spidey.
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                              X