Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coat hanger wire or?

Hello, Time to pick your brains.
    Coat hanger wire isn't really long enough for what I need the wire for. So , other than getting a bunch , unbending it, cutting off the part that I can't and then brazing a few together. Any other low cost options?

I want to make a frame work that will then be covered with fleece, then brush in till soaked, fiberglass resin.

single strand fence wire - comes in a number of gauges.... cheap
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      single strand fence wire - comes in a number of gauges.... cheap
      Would I be looking for it at fencing suppliers or is this a farming supplier type thing.
      Thanks,
      Only other idea I've come up with was old box springs, but dealing with the funk of old box springs was a nogo.
      Last edited by Eric; May 5, 2020, 09:57 PM.

Comment

You might be able to use solid electric wire (8 gauge or 10 gauge) if you don't mind the sheathing.

Comment

I know that home depot is not in Brazil, but this is the type of wire I would be looking for: https://www.homedepot.com/p/The-Hill...2062/203721653
          Last edited by silver_bullet; May 6, 2020, 03:30 AM.
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

36" gas welding rod? Not free, but cheap.
            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Nursery wire. #9. Comes coated or galvanized. Used to string wine grapes

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                36" gas welding rod? Not free, but cheap.
                Same problem as coat hangers, too short. but thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                  Nursery wire. #9. Comes coated or galvanized. Used to string wine grapes
                  Ok, is that like the wire , linked above in post #5?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post

Would I be looking for it at fencing suppliers or is this a farming supplier type thing.
                    Thanks,
                    Only other idea I've come up with was old box springs, but dealing with the funk of old box springs was a nogo.

I have no idea, I've never been to Brazil - but I do know that Brazil has vast ranching operations, so my guess is anyone who supplies them? Up here, Tractor Supply, Home Depot, Lowes... etc.

mattress springs are heat treated - so trying to unfold them would be a challenge if you didn't anneal them first.... even so, they're already mostly work-hardened, so reheating them may not get you where you need to get.
                    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; May 6, 2020, 12:20 PM.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Yes.. We use it to keep trunks on and doors shut.

Comment

Working...
                      X