New Racing Complex in Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Racing Complex in Michigan

and in other news ... a city council approved sale of city property for a racing complex instead of a new subdivision !!!!!!

https://www.whmi.com/news/article/jd...5neAa-42M-Vpns

and looking at the picture posted with it ... what looks like a long straight away ... possible 1/8 mile strip?
    opportunity for a second place to hold a 24 hour of Lemons event
    this is great news to us here in the Mitten thx to the Virus
    Last edited by derbydad276; May 21, 2020, 04:48 PM.
    your kids can have their own racecar www.aasbd.org

How about an 11,000 foot straightaway? LSR NEEDS a venue this side of the Mississippi and south of Canada (I think Loring is nice but WAY up there).

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      How about an 11,000 foot straightaway? LSR NEEDS a venue this side of the Mississippi and south of Canada (I think Loring is nice but WAY up there).

Dan
      It would be fantastic if Wurtsmith Could be used , Kalitta Air rents most of it
      11800 x 200 runway
      your kids can have their own racecar www.aasbd.org

Comment

I say let's go for it! Kalitta has Willow Run after all.

BTW - my ex and I lived on Ford Rd. in Superior Twp. and she still has the house. Used to shop in Canton.

Dan
        Last edited by DanStokes; May 21, 2020, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Based on current flight schedules, Metro Detroit or O'Hare might be options ......

Comment

That is the very definition of optimism to be building a new racetrack these days.
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Or move Kalitta out of Willow Run and take that over. Not sure of the length. BTW - I'm not able to do much on here right now - hope we get the new format soon.

Dan

Comment

Working...
              X