Custom Radiator Makers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Radiator Makers

Does anyone have any recommendations and/or reviews for custom radiator makers? This is for my '64 Riviera T-type which is predominantly street so don't need the super dense cores from a circle track car if they helps define the application better.

Thanks
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

I have been using Griffins for my wagon. I got quotes from C&R, Fluidyne and Ron Davis but they wereall quite a bit more.

While the radiator I use is currently classified as a custom job, it was a catalog item a few years back so that might be why it was cheaper.
    Also, Griffin no longer offers 1.5" tubes so it seems the biggest you can get from anyone now is 1.250. While you may not be making 700hp continuously for 3 hours like the NASCAR folks, you still need a decent radiator for the street even with proper shrouding and fans (but being a physicist you probably know better than most what you need).

Comment

Thanks for the feed back on Griffin. I found Howe's order form while looking at their suspension stuff so they're also someone I'd like feedback on.

My current Be Cool with a Taurus fan and shroud does a great job keeping it cool but I have to mount it 2in above the lower core support due to the lower hose running into part of the suspension. It also means I have to mount the intercooler behind the radiator with a scoop. I want to resolve all of this by getting a custom unit with the outlet and inlet at the proper locations and fits my available space while allowing me to get a proper intercooler in there.
      Central TEXAS Sleeper
      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Wizzard cooling in WestFalls NY. These guys make killer radiators for most anything.
        Solutions are often obvious once you get the questions right.

Comment

The radiator in the Volvo was made by Howe but we bought it thru a guy who designs cooling systems/radiator systems for repowered Jags which are notorious for overheating. He designed the radiator (which I thing is a standard core) along with shrouding and fans to make an integrated system. He send his designs to Howe who builds them. Works great and for the first time since the car had a Ford V8, about 20+ years, it no longer overheats under ANY circumstances. Bottom line - I can recommend Howe and don't forget shrouds and fans.

Dan
          Last edited by DanStokes; May 30, 2020, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X