Dirt Bikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post
    That's a great mid-air picture! I could never get to that level of jumpiness, I could road race inches apart from others with my knee on the ground, no problem, but launching off the earth was a bridge to far. LOL. I was just spending a little time getting my Husky ready for spring, still much winter remaining unfortunately, I want to ride!

Interestingly, back in '05 I was competing in a local SuperMoto series, in the winter we would do this to stay sharp and have fun. I do want to resume this!
    It's been a few years since I've launched off of a jump like that one. Injuries carry a much higher cost these days....even the ones from my past.
    I've never ridden on studs or tried SuperMoto, I always thought SuperMoto looked like a blast
    Last edited by DirtyWhiteBoy; February 22, 2022, 06:05 PM.
    A.K.A. Brian
    Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

• Got all ready for a ride and one of the water pump seals said "nope". Ordered seal and shaft kit and replaced it yesterday. Not a hard job, but it took a while. I feex. I suppose it is to be expected for a 14 year old dirt bike. Haha.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220227_172156_876.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	506.6 KB
ID:	1315263Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220227_172156_951.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	526.2 KB
ID:	1315264Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220227_172157_002.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	518.0 KB
ID:	1315265
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

• Yep got to keep on top of them, don't want them to spoil a day out like mine did last time...

And you can't get gearbox parts for the last of the Italian Huskys since KTM brought the name. Not even a 10 year old bike. Found a complete gearbox.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 65RHDEER; March 1, 2022, 12:13 AM.
        Tim
        Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• That stinks that you can't get parts for those, I know a few guys around here that have that era of Husky, As far as I can tell those are great Motorcycles. They certainly look great with top notch components.
          My Husky is the white KTM version, there is a certain amount of comfort knowing it's now part of that larger organization, but the older ones are a step up on the cool bike scale.

A good friend has a new Beta, it's very nice as well. Those are made in Italy now, wonder if they have any connection to the old Husky ownership?
          Last edited by mike343sharpstick; March 1, 2022, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post

A good friend has a new Beta, it's very nice as well. Those are made in Italy now, wonder if they have any connection to the old Husky ownership?
            I'm think it's SWM bikes that are built at the Italian Husky (Cagiva) factory now. They use the motor that Husky used from 2004 till 2010 for the bigger four strokes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	swm_b5_5908.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	514.3 KB
ID:	1315331
            Last edited by 65RHDEER; March 2, 2022, 12:27 AM.
            Tim
            Melbourne Australia

Comment

• My club put had a weekend away at their property in the Victorian High Country last weekend. It's a social trail riding club and this is typical of the stuff we ride there.
              This was about a 140 mile, 225km day.

Tim
              Melbourne Australia

Comment

• wait, their property has 140 miles of trail? unreal.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  wait, their property has 140 miles of trail? unreal.
                  No, the property is only 125 acres with 1000's of miles of trail around it

This is the valley the property is in, zoom out for an idea of the size of the area. This Ride went from that Valley to Dargo. Dargo is South East from that valley, and back.

Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.

If you're like me there's nothing like looking at map to get the picture.
                  Tim
                  Melbourne Australia

Comment

• Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post

No, the property is only 125 acres with 1000's of miles of trail around it

This is the valley the property is in, zoom out for an idea of the size of the area. This Ride went from that Valley to Dargo. Dargo is South East from that valley, and back.

Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.

If you're like me there's nothing like looking at map to get the picture.
                    I've always been blown away by the distances in Australia. Was watching a thing on TV about the farms in West Australia.... literally hundreds of thousands of acres... amazing.

Also, love all the craters north of where you were....
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Finke Desert Race was a few weeks ago, footage of the winner from a chopper, imagine how hot that shock is!

I've ridden part of this course down the southern end, some of those woops are chest height.

The race is over two days, down to Finke and back to Alice Springs 229km, 143 miles, each way.

David Walsh who took it out this year, his average speed was more than 136 km/h, 85mp/h!

Last edited by 65RHDEER; June 23, 2023, 05:22 AM.
                      Tim
                      Melbourne Australia

Comment

• Another angle, I think it's crazy the guy in front takes time to look over his shoulder!

Tim
                        Melbourne Australia

Comment

• That's pretty cool. The guy on the left was trying to pull the end of the cable trying to stay ahead! I was surprised it wasn't that dusty. Had it rained recently or doesn't it get as dusty down there as our deserts get over here?

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                            That's pretty cool. The guy on the left was trying to pull the end of the cable trying to stay ahead! I was surprised it wasn't that dusty. Had it rained recently or doesn't it get as dusty down there as our deserts get over here?
                            Yes it's been a wet year in the center of Australia, normally a lot more dust. This year the sand had a bit of moisture in it.

Tim
                            Melbourne Australia

Comment

Working...
                            X