drive around Summernats car show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drive around Summernats car show

At the start of 2017 my son and I was at summernats 30 the biggest HP party in the southern hemisphere, this was bucket list stuff for me, in this video you will get to go cruising Tuff street at the SUMMERNATS 30 in my mate Dale Johns Val, this was early on thursday so not many people and a lot of setting up still to be done, so sit back and enjoy the car show rolling by.

http://youtu.be/Di_NMiOj-0w

Car sounds good. Several people in straw hats......hot at the time??
    Thx for the lap of the grounds.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
      Several people in straw hats......hot at the time??
      The show is usually in January at EPIC (Exhibition Park in Canberra) in the ACT (Australian Capital Territory, like our Washington DC) and temps are only in the low to mid 80's, but the sun will fry you in 30 minutes, rather than 3-hours like we are used to. Attendance is around 120,000.

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
        Car sounds good. Several people in straw hats......hot at the time??
        Thx for the lap of the grounds.
        At the time we were sitting in 42 degrees celsius which is 107 degrees fahrenheit, it got so hot that on the trip back to the Goldcoast it would boil the gas in the fuel lines and we would have to stop and let everthing cool down a bit

Comment

Originally posted by bryankiwi View Post
          At the time we were sitting in 42 degrees celsius.
          That's pretty excessive for Canberra isn't it? Sydney rarely got that hot, but I'm sure it's more common on the Gold Coast.

Comment

108 or so......pretty toasty. Arizona weather.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Much enjoyed, thanks for the post! Very cool. I noticed particularly in the last half of the video, we passed by a whole slew of 4-door rides that appeared to be rodded. Is that the body style of choice Down Under?
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
              X