Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What car/truck were you most happy to sell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What car/truck were you most happy to sell?

I know some think I have no idea what that word means - but then I stop listening to my wife.

So to continue muting her - what car or truck were you most happy to sell? Do you feel any guilt?
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

91 RS camaro 305 5speed T top . In its defence we got it with 12 years of age . I was always having to fix something on it . Gave it away to the first person to reply to the ad for 600 bucks . Even though third gens have gone up in value I'm still glad it's gone .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

never been happy selling..
      strange but true
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

All the LeMons Rally cars. Especially the Edsel. And the Corvair. And the Hudson, Really nice cars all, but damn, driving them thousands of miles in a week or two really gets old.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Bought a '46 Chevy pickup from a Navy buddy for $400 and towed it to Florida when I got out. Left it behind in a storage place for $50 a month, when I got my next job. During one of my trips visiting home, there was a note on the windshield offering to buy it. The guy had a '46 project that was missing a lot of parts and he paid me $1,000 for it. So I recouped my investment, made a few bucks on the side and he saved me lots of money.

Comment

Probably my '07 F-150. It's a melancholy feeling though. There were some things I really liked about that truck. It looked good, drove good, was comfortable on long trips, had lots of room and ran really really well after I locked out the phasers, IMRC's and tuned it with HP Tuners. But it was plagued with previous owner crappy fixes and oddball failures (melted shifter cable, cracked exhaust manifold, etc) that made me want to set it on fire. However, I *did* learn A LOT about Ford EFI because of that truck. lol
            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Sell cars? What is this "sell" of which you speaketh?

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I've had a LOT of cars over all my years. I've sold them because, for a variety of reasons, it was time to let them go. But never, ever, was I happy to cut one loose. Including the two Fiat Stradas which actually were OK little cars once I learned their oddities (and they had them!). Some were too rusty for me to deal with at the time (340 Duster 4 speed, Alfa Spyder), some were replaced with something new or newer (the Fiats), and some were lost to divorce ('70 Roadrunner #1, BBB Chevy pickup). Life rolls on but I was never happy to see one go.

Dan

Comment

That's easy - 1986 Pontiac Sunbird. Wait a minute....I didn't actually sell it. I heard about a young lady who'd lost her husband in a car accident and she had a little baby and she was without wheels and...I completely decided to give it her having never even met her. Fortunately soon enough guilt set in and I changed my mind (and that's rare). I would not give her that car and have it break down and leave her wherever she was soon after taking possession of the keys.

So I gave it to a mercenary at work. He begged me for it. No way I was taking money but we wrote $100 on the bill of sale. This was the same guy who got a Sears gift certificate as a gift, redeemable only for merchandise. So he went and got a set of just any new tires loaded into the back of his pickup truck with the certificate and took the tires back the next day for a refund, telling them he thought they'd fit what he had but they won't. He waxed the Sunbird and sold it to some unsuspecting victim for $400 he said. Horrors. At least I didn't do it. I did NOT sell that car to anybody.
                  Last edited by pdub; June 19, 2020, 10:04 AM.
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

'87 Silverado. Didn't sell it, ex-wife got it. good riddance to both. It had a 6.2 diesel.
                    Last edited by oletrux4evr; July 6, 2020, 06:45 PM.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

'75 Monza 2+2. The Chevy so bad it created a Mopar fan.
                      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post

Oops! I didn't know you were supposed to sell them.
                        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                          It is an extremely easy and beneficial method of getting rid of crap that you shouldn't have bought in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

It is an extremely easy and beneficial method of getting rid of crap that you learned through ownership that you shouldn't have bought in the first place.
                            there.. fixed.

usually, in other instances, the words "I might as well" or "That sounds like a great idea" commence.

Squirrel hit it on the head with his words "the Edsel or the Corvair were great ideas but...."

With Stiney (and never me), sometimes the car never runs so it couldn't be a great idea because it was never a car.
                            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; June 19, 2020, 02:13 PM.
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Like Dan ours was a Fiat. A 128 to be specific. It was small, got fairly decent mileage as I remember. There was a continuous stream of mostly small problems. It started with all the lights quitting at the same dime, in the dark! With a flashlight, that I was lucky to have with me, I tracked down a wire under the rubber floor mat that had been worn such that the bare wire (the one going to the all lights) grounded out on the metal floor board. Why that wire was one that controlled both front and rear wires as well as turn signals I never understood. Of course the stock wires grinding way under a floor mat also mystifies me.

Comment

Working...
                              X