World's fastest rental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pdub View Post

I see that. I see what you typed. I would say I "heard" that, but we're only typing so I saw that. I predict you're only ruffled that a high dollar hopped up team-loaded whatever got outrun by a lowly Mustang, rented or not. I wasn't gonna say (type) that, but you instigated it.
    truth be told, I'm not against what he did.... but yeah, I've owned that car in the form of a 2006 GTO
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Actually this is not the fastest rental car. If we include lease cars in this definition my buddy Andy's leased Hellcat is WAY faster at 180+. He has not, however, driven it cross country (to the best of my knowledge - knowing Andy he just might). This is not to diminish the achievement - this driver clearly doesn't pee much!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Actually this is not the fastest rental car. If we include lease cars in this definition my buddy Andy's leased Hellcat is WAY faster at 180+. He has not, however, driven it cross country (to the best of my knowledge - knowing Andy he just might). This is not to diminish the achievement - this driver clearly doesn't pee much!

Dan
        pee in a bottle while driving.... you drive in California and see the full, gallon containers beside the road? yeah....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

pee in a bottle while driving.... you drive in California and see the full, gallon containers beside the road? yeah....
          At my age my aim isn't all that good. Don't laugh - your time's a-comin'. (Getting old is NOT easy. Another reason I don't live in CA.)

Dan
          Last edited by DanStokes; June 22, 2020, 02:26 PM.

Comment

At my age my aim isn't all that good. Don't laugh - your time's a-comin'. (Getting old is NOT easy. Another reason I don't live in CA.)

Dan
            not laughing, but also not traveling where time is so important that I can't stop and water a road sign

Comment

Dan

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_67542.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	827.2 KB
ID:	1272983

Actually this is not the fastest rental car. If we include lease cars in this definition my buddy Andy's leased Hellcat is WAY faster at 180+. He has not, however, driven it cross country (to the best of my knowledge - knowing Andy he just might).

Dan
                Not quite Dan - but been as far as Alabama from Michigan on the Power Tour. Hoping for nearer to 190 at next weekend's Bangshift Street Car Challenge on Sunday AM with the 1.5 miles.
                Last edited by Red_Kitty; June 24, 2020, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Kitty View Post
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	image_67542.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	827.2 KB
ID:	1272983

Not quite Dan - but been as far as Alabama from Michigan on the Power Tour. Hoping for nearer to 190 at next weekend's Bangshift Street Car Challenge on Sunday AM with the 1.5 miles.
                  Best of luck! I can't make this meet (Mutt and I were planning to go to Maine which has been cancelled) so the plan is to make the September meet at ECTA. Did you change anything on Red Kitty? Pulleys, maybe......

Dan

Comment

In a sprint my money would be on a Hertz Z06.
                    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Raced against Bob Dudek and his C7 Z06 at multiple ECTA events. The Challenger is usually a few tenths faster in the mile, but they are very close. No mods this time, but I have some Track Tape left to try for that aero boost:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Picture1.png Views:	0 Size:	687.3 KB ID:	1272998

Gained about 2mph last time I think.
                      Last edited by Red_Kitty; June 24, 2020, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Aero is GOOD! I can't do any more with Mutt and stay in class.

Dan

Comment

vin wiki journalism

Last edited by Barry Donovan; June 25, 2020, 06:48 PM.
                          Previously boxer3main
                          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

It would be great to see such rental services on electric cars as well. Although, I have couple of truly good examples, from my own experience of renting electro-cars, I can share this rent a Tesla web service. I could rent Tesla Model S in the shortest period of time. In comparison with other rental services, it's way better and pretty reliable one.
                            Last edited by alan15NP; December 28, 2021, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X