Automotive artwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automotive artwork

Well, I got an awesome surprise in the mail the other day. My sist had painted this based on a picture I took at Mt Rainier. She's @ Shelby_Doodles on IG if y'all use it. The antenna is crooked because it was in the picture (drove through a parking garage with the antenna extended and jacked up the cowl)
    Attached Files
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Artistic skill is one of many I don't have. That is really well done!

Dan

Comment

Looks great !
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
        Looks great !
        Absolutely. Plus I'm lusting over the reel-to-reel deck the painting is leaning against. Mine quit reeling about 30 years ago.
        Last edited by pdub; June 22, 2020, 04:32 AM.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Absolutely. Plus I'm lusting over the reel-to-reel deck the painting is leaning against. Mine quit reeling about 30 years ago.
          Thanks! I picked this and two others up for $20 each at a house getting gutted. They had cut the power cords off for their scrap metal pile. I replaced the belt and cord on this one but it still needs some cleaning and lubrication

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback View Post

Thanks! I picked this and two others up for $20 each at a house getting gutted. They had cut the power cords off for their scrap metal pile. I replaced the belt and cord on this one but it still needs some cleaning and lubrication
            Mine was a 7 inch. It was during the new model run and I couldn't afford a 10 inch. When the belt finally rotted I was able to find a replacement. But it ended up needing a part, I'm trying to remember it was the backward/forward solenoid or something and that was long before the internet and many long distance phone calls led to many responses of "they don't make parts for that one anymore." So I held a funeral for it and it went to the dump.

I had a pair of Bose 901's that enticed the cops to visit my house one night. The cone gaskets on those rotted after 10 years. They made a gasket replacement kit for those, glue and all. But that repair was largely cosmetic, they were forever rocked out. Another funeral. What an epic era of component stereophonics and vinyl records.

Comment

Pdub - Speakers can be reconed and many rock and roll speakers get that treatment. In fact I have a 15" EV SRO that was reconed in the late 80's and never used. At one time every town of any size had a shop that did this. Mine was done by Audiolite in suburban Detroit - I hear they're still in business. Bummer that you tossed those 901s as they could have been saved.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                Bummer that you tossed those 901s as they could have been saved.

Dan
                The 901s were a lot better suited to a large night club venue than a house. They had nine 4.5" speakers in the cabinet and 8 of them pointed at the wall behind the cabinet and only 1 shoot out into the room. At conversational volume they sounded more lame than any speaker. But you throw the power to them and get the sound bouncing off the walls and ohhhh boy. I was driving them with a 40 watt Kenwood amplifier, just enough to get them sounding right. A friend of mine had an 80 watt Kenwood amp and he brought it over one night. We twisted the big knob on that amp blasting Doobie Brothers and that's when the cops came.

Comment

Vintage Hi Fi is on my "someday" to own list. I want the stuff I DIDN'T have like a huge coffin shaped console stereo. If you were lucky your mom and dad had one, if not they didn't. A rack mount system would be nice. Speakers, the kings in my neck of the woods were the JBL 100s. I think the foam grills are reproduced because those certainly wouldn't have survived.
                  My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                    Vintage Hi Fi is on my "someday" to own list. I want the stuff I DIDN'T have like a huge coffin shaped console stereo. If you were lucky your mom and dad had one, if not they didn't. A rack mount system would be nice. Speakers, the kings in my neck of the woods were the JBL 100s. I think the foam grills are reproduced because those certainly wouldn't have survived.

My friend is giving me one of those consoles for free once I get a house up here, I love those things.

Right now I have a set of Infinity RD-3000s that sound incredible. I also picked up a Pioneer SX-780 and a kit to recap it. I have never done that before and I hope it works out

Comment

I\m thinking center speaker/subwoofer for a surround system with a huge TV.
                      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Working...
                      X