• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This just in

A place for all news automotive where you say "what?"

Today, a Prius-driving "journalist" will tell us what a truck is

https://www.fourwheeler.com/news/fea...670E0C46B95D50

Doing it all wrong since 1966

As long as we don't start trying to tell each other what a Hot Rod is again.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
      As long as we don't start trying to tell each other what a Hot Rod is again.
      it is getting kind of quiet around here....

Comment

If u cant load it up with a stack of 4x8 sheets of drywall...it ain't a real truck.
        Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
          If u cant load it up with a stack of 4x8 sheets of drywall...it ain't a real truck.
          There isn't all that many real trucks being sold any more!

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
            if it doesn't have air conditioned seats, it ain't a truck

Comment

If it doesn't have a hub going out every 6 months , it's not a truck .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Truck rhymes with...

shit happens.
                a truck carries things, of value.
                if truck breaks, we do not need a gallon of milk coming through the unibody decpapitating us.
                a truck bounces on a frame, a frame of steel, the steel carries things of value.
                it hurts our butts.

rubber mounts between cab and frame protect unibody brains.
                when brains and butts get hit by unibodies...
                ouch.
                we need protection from unibody.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Donovan View Post
                  Truck rhymes with...

shit happens.
                  a truck carries things, of value.
                  if truck breaks, we do not need a gallon of milk coming through the unibody decpapitating us.
                  a truck bounces on a frame, a frame of steel, the steel carries things of value.
                  it hurts our butts.

rubber mounts between cab and frame protect unibody brains.
                  when brains and butts get hit by unibodies...
                  ouch.
                  we need protection from unibody.
                  Ever talk to a Honda Ridgeline' owner?... they come pre-conversation with a chip on their shoulder - fully ready to defend their purchase.... what is fun is saying this "trucks are not front wheel drive".... the last time, it was news to the Ridgeline owner.... he now has a Dodge, quad cab, long bed 4x4 diesel. I think that was a bit overcompensating, but still kind of funny.

Comment

I know somebody with a Ridgeline and (don't get all sexist on me here, I'm saturated with that shit.) SHE loves it. Weeks worth of groceries in the trunk, 22 bags of mulch in the bed. Hauls five in comfort and gets reasonable economy. Doesn't get stuck when driving on the property. Fits in the garage. Barely. The bed is not scratch free like I bet these journalist's trucks are. She didn't need a BroDozer® spewing coal to call it a truck. I'd drive it if somebody gave it to me... won't afford to buy one but I looked when getting the missus her new truck.

I've had a Vega which just about failed everything on the list, hauled a king size waterbed frame in it with the hatch closed. I've hauled a 8x10 portable building (unassembled) in a '89 Accord 2 Door with the trunk closed. Dad brought home plenty of 4x8 plywood in a 1970 Colony Park wagon with everything closed. My '98 Mustang spent more time offroad than most of my trucks... What is their point?

Man... they are ALL trucks to me, but that might explain why both of my daily (HAHAHA, can't remember driving daily for years, much less since the PlanDemic) are currently Trucks.

You know how I know they are trucks? No carpet... not in the cab and dang sure not in the bed.

For SBG - If it doesn't have a heated tailgate option for pushing on those cold days... it's not a GM! :P

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                      You know how I know they are trucks? No carpet... not in the cab and dang sure not in the bed.
                      There ya go. I was going to wager crank down windows and rubber floors in the cab and nothing but a radio in the dash. It's starting to get broken in when the spinny knob on the window crank on the driver's side pops off every time you crank on it and you have to keep popping it back into place.
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I'm ok with pick ups but I really like suvs . And every one of my suvs was a truck . Every one was built on a truck assembly line with mostly pick up parts . I do like my cars and truck with all the power windows , seats , locks , air , tilt , and cruise though .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                          I know somebody with a Ridgeline and (don't get all sexist on me here, I'm saturated with that shit.) SHE loves it. ! :P

too late

I tell people this often, I don't hate Jeeps, heck my wife has one - I just like getting home from a day on the trail without the use of AAA or a trailer. Others prefer to support the towing industry - no hate, it's just what the love.... the same is true with Ridgelines, I don't hate them but then again, I need a truck... a real truck, one without heated tailgates.

Comment

It's a state of mind...

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Donovan View Post
                              Truck rhymes with ...
                              shit happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X