Was I being a Dick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was I being a Dick?

I need some opinions. Last month I was pulling into the laundromat parking lot to wash some quilts, blankets and pillows all loaded up into the passenger side of my 'get around' vehicle, the white ford ranger in the pic. Now its 9am on a Sunday, not the best time to do your washing...The parking lot is small and all but one space is left open. Its right in front of the door. But next to me is the handicap space where Grampa is being loaded into the side of a Giant 80's ford van. And on the other side is the guy I will call Dick. Now Dick's wife parked the car, and she is inside doing laundry. But - Dick is sitting in his car when i parked my truck, but he is all slid down in the passengers seat and I don't see him. So I carefully opened the drivers door - trying not to hit Grampa - and drug all my stuff across the truck into the drivers seat, got my cane and hobbled inside to grab a laundry cart. As I come back out, and am loading my shit into the cart, and I hear a loud voice saying " He parked so close to me I can't get out of my Car!"

Lookin for where that voice came from and I see Dick in the car. Dick then yells into the phone " I've told him to move it a dozen times now!" I realize Dick is calling the cops......So I said to him, kinda loudly, " I bet you lied to your momma with that same mouth, didn't you!" " If you park in your space properly, there's no issue EH!" He shouts something unintelligible at me and then back at the phone. My anger management issues are flaring up and I decide to just do my laundry, Drag all my shit into the place, load up the machines and hobble back outside, as you are not allowed, under Corona rules, to stay inside... Its quiet outside so I just get in the truck and start reading my Astronomy magazine.

Then the cops show up. and they pass Grampa leaving as they pull in. So now the handicap space is empty and there is about 9 inches between my truck and the white line. Rookie cop walks up to my window and tells me to move the truck or he will get me banned from the laundromat. I back up the truck and move it till it is right next to the white line. Dick's wife is now outside and She tries to get between my truck, Which is rolling slowly into the space and the cop freaks the f*ck out wavin' his arms and shouting at me to stop, Now I got my head hanging out the door looking at the parking line and I didn't see here death defying actions. I step on the brake still 3 feet from the end of the space, and tell the cop that Dick's wife is probably still not gonna be able to get into her Chrysler. Dick's wife realizes this too, and she goes to her passenger side gets in slides across, starts the car and puts it into her space properly. Then loads up her laundry. Dick is still talking to the Sargent. And the Rookie is staring at me as I read my Astronomy Magazine. Sargent leaves, Dick leaves, Rookie goes back to his cruiser and sits in it for 20 minutes, staring at me, then leaves.

Was I being a Dick here? Now Middletown Po-Po will do a u-turn across traffic to follow the Ranger. I've been street racing Middletown for 30yrs now. I don't need this . Click image for larger version

Name:	20200607_094103.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	1274302
    Mike in Southwest Ohio

I dunno, I wouldn't say you were Dick. Parking lots are...well, when I was working I'd get there about 6:00 a.m. and lots of times there would be a whole row of cars parked goofy. Like festival parking, when you get there just turn the engine off. So I'd just find a spot that fits, never mind the painted lines. Then the night shift folks would all leave and there's my car sitting there by itself parked stupid. More than one morning somebody came inside and asked me, "Dude, where'd you learn how to park? Are you drunk?"

I had somebody do "that" to me in the parking garage at the hospital here in town, just like in your photo, except I couldn't get into my driver's door. Damn. I was stressed enough already. I looked around thinking all sorts of things I could do, wondering if the garage had cameras. After about a minute I just got in the passenger side and climbed over the shifter and jacked the car outta there. It took lots of lacking to keep the mirrors from hitting one another. Some things are just not worth causing the blood pressure to soar.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

you were drunk, weren't ya..........
      Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Drive a crew cab dualie 4X. Park in a handicap spot and the ass hangs half way into the lane.. Being deaf, never heard shit..saw dirty looks tho.. Cop overstepped his authority by claiming he can get you banned and make you move... Parking lots are private property..

Comment

I would have probably got locked up because I wouldn't have been that nice.
          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Sometimes, it is very difficult to take the high road ... especially if some dick is pushing you buttons.

Comment

I try to be nice, even to those named Richard.
              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Nope, you did fine. I would've told that guy to go fk himself and farted in his general direction,.. seriously. The cop overstepped his bounds, he can't get you banned from anywhere, the business owner makes that decision. This is another reason I have dash cams with parking lot monitoring in all of my vehicles. There are a lot of "Dicks" out there and camera tells it like it is..

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
                  Nope, you did fine. I would've told that guy to go fk himself and farted in his general direction,.. seriously. The cop overstepped his bounds, he can't get you banned from anywhere, the business owner makes that decision. This is another reason I have dash cams with parking lot monitoring in all of my vehicles. There are a lot of "Dicks" out there and camera tells it like it is..
                  Thanks. I need a dash cam.
                  Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post

Thanks. I need a dash cam.
                    Tardis showed me which one to get, we have one in each ride. One of these days I'll wreck when I'm going down the street and realize I didn't have it plugged into the power hole and start messing with it to get it plugged in. That dash cam is a staple item once you have one, they're very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Tardis showed me which one to get, we have one in each ride. One of these days I'll wreck when I'm going down the street and realize I didn't have it plugged into the power hole and start messing with it to get it plugged in. That dash cam is a staple item once you have one, they're very cool.
                      What kind of cam is it? how much? will u install it for me?
                      Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

There is a cretin with a clapped out Dodge van that likes to park about two inches from the door of my GTO. Mind you my crippled ass is parked at the end of the lot, and nobody else is around there, its not up front close to the doors. Yet this 'We Todd Did' type wants to prove something by parking next to me in an empty lot. People are always parking close to my stuff, when I am in the middle of nowhere. I have to pull the door dings out, its more work I gotta do when I repaint the drivers. Its part of why I go shopping for food and whatnot at night, and avoid people. To me its a threat when you intentionally block me from my vehicle, and the ol PTSD gets worked up then it can get real scary fast for other people if they step on one of the landmines in my head.

Don't think I ever would call the cops and say something about my bad parking job like Dick.. I've had to crawl in the passenger side often, and with my limited mobility, it does not leave me overjoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post

What kind of cam is it? how much? will u install it for me?
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010767.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1274401

It's outdated. For a modern comparison search Apeman dash camera, it's $40 and better than the one(s) I have. Installation is stick it to the windshield and plug it into the cigarette lighter hole (12V outlet).

Comment

It's outdated. For a modern comparison search Apeman dash camera, it's $40 and better than the one(s) I have. Installation is stick it to the windshield and plug it into the cigarette lighter hole (12V outlet).
                            Our Welcams are still going strong. They're outdated, but they still get the job done.

Comment

Wow. I always do better with pictures... Thanks Pdub. Thanks Tardis.
                              Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Working...
                              X