Fuel Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Prices

Took this pic at Sam's Club a couple of days ago. The stars aligned and Diesel was cheaper than gasoline (Diesel price on the sign on the left, gas prices on the sign on the right - not sure how well those will show on the pic). I'll take it when I can get it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0210 2.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	339.9 KB
ID:	1275011

Dan

$1.87 for the cheap stuff here in Southwest Ohio.
    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

no diesel in bangor maine sams club.
      I do take my 305 truck there

It needs a break from their fuel once and a while, I'll find a shell or other brand.
      not sure what it is. someone told me their price was because of american bitumen fuel as the source.
      not sure.
      Last edited by Barry Donovan; July 18, 2020, 06:50 PM.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
        $1.87 for the cheap stuff here in Southwest Ohio.
        When we raced in Ohio the prices were often better than here. I heard that the reason was lower taxes/gallon.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

When we raced in Ohio the prices were often better than here. I heard that the reason was lower taxes/gallon.

Dan
          When we ganged up for the BangShift party at Mike Copeland's shop in Brighton MI all those years ago, 93 was going for $4.37. That's a record for me, the most I've ever paid for a tank of gas. I hope that record lasts a lifetime.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

In Long Beach cheapest is $2.65. But what has people REALLY upset is cigarettes. $6.50 for generic. $10 for name brand.
            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Well, y'all are getting off easy, check link below for 10 lowest prices here in Edmonton.....but remember, the price is PER LITER and it takes 3.785412 liters to make a US gallon, so. using the cheapest on the list @ the time I'm typing this, @ $0.85.9/L, a US gal would be $3.25 ..........

Today's best 10 gas stations with the cheapest prices near you, in Edmonton, AB. GasBuddy provides the most ways to save money on fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubbed Pacecar View Post
                Well, y'all are getting off easy, check link below for 10 lowest prices here in Edmonton.....but remember, the price is PER LITER and it takes 3.785412 liters to make a US gallon, so. using the cheapest on the list @ the time I'm typing this, @ $0.85.9/L, a US gal would be $3.25 ..........

https://www.gasbuddy.com/GasPrices/Alberta/Edmonton
                Bummer!

Dan

Comment

What gets me is when the same brand of as differs significantly between sources. The nearest BP station to me is $2.15 per gal while a couple of miles away regular is $1.85 per gallon also at a BP station. There are BP station throughout the area that vary as much.

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                    What gets me is when the same brand of as differs significantly between sources. The nearest BP station to me is $2.15 per gal while a couple of miles away regular is $1.85 per gallon also at a BP station. There are BP station throughout the area that vary as much.
                    Dallas is the same way, and about the same price range. Sometimes it's less stress to buy it at the 2.15 location than to take chances at 1.85 ... a few blocks in one direction or the other can get a little sketchy. I don't drive as much as I used to so I don't really notice as much either unless it makes me run my card twice. I do miss the Racetrac hot dogs, I have no idea why. Lol.
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                      Back when we lived in SC our neighbor (rest his soul) was a retired fuel truck driver. He told it for the truth, told it more than once, that he'd go all over town delivering gas to all the different brands of stations. I don't know why I thought that was odd, I'dda thought Shell gas came from Shell, etc.
                      Last edited by pdub; July 22, 2020, 11:22 AM.
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

A LOT of stuff comes out of the same factory but with different names on the box. I just came back from running errands and bought a new box of the band aids I've been using on my wounded finger. First box was from CVS, second box from Walgreens and they're identical other than the box. My guess is that they're all a copy of Band Aid brand and made by Chinese children. Way too common these days. The same for fuel.

Dan
                        Last edited by DanStokes; July 22, 2020, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Shopping for a microwave. Several websites claim there is only ONE design of mid priced microwave produced under several brands. Most extreme example I've come across.
                          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

We are very happy with this: https://www.samsclub.com/p/1-6-micro...lp_product_1_1

Panasonic 1.6 cu. ft. Stainless-Steel Microwave Oven
                            by Panasonic|
                            Item # 980002833
                            |
                            Model # SN744SA|

Top Rated
                            CURRENT PRICE: $139.98$139.98
                            In stock
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

$1.85 around here today at the cheapo places.

Comment

Working...
                              X