No announcement yet.

Bigger Shop Space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the correction, I'm definitely not an electrician .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
      New digs 30 x 36 with a 9 or 10 foot ceiling ... No running water no heat as of now and no air conditioning other than the shop fan.
      Gotta start somewhere and this looks like a great one to me.

Comment

Heat's easy with one of those propane heaters like Dan Stokes so epically traded me for a plate of spaghetti. I won that deal big time. If it's Siberia cold you gotta fire that thing off and get outta there while it starts cooking. It sure works, I fire both burners wide open for about a half hour and then go back to one burner on low to keep from sweating in our two-car garage. I haven't kept track of how many hours it'll go on a tankful, I think it gets sorta gas grill mileage set on low. I saw one at Harbor Freight for about $40.
        Last edited by pdub; August 3, 2020, 05:33 AM.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I have one of those twin propane burnners and I would need to run it for about 3 hrs to get the heat up to 45 if it was really cold up here in pre-canada .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200803_220955-2016x980.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	478.1 KB
ID:	1276802Click image for larger version

Name:	20200803_220955-2016x980.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	478.1 KB
ID:	1276804
            Attached Files
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Had a little accident thing got arolling too fast with me trying to slowit and hold the back end down . Bummer but I think I can fix it .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Ouch...
                I'm probably wrong

Comment

Never done that... right. That suck moment when you hear 57,391 sockets all drop out the back of the drawers. Mine needed the slides cleaned anyway. Doesn't look like a game ending deal for it, but yeah, that's a bummer.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I have one of those twin propane burnners and I would need to run it for about 3 hrs to get the heat up to 45 if it was really cold up here in pre-canada .
                    I'll send along my quick and dirty trick that helps A LOT! Buy as many sheets as needed of the foam backer board with aluminum foil on both sides. It's light and doesn't cost much. Do an all over ceiling out of the stuff and tape the seams with that aluminum foil tape that you peel the paper off of the glue side (what real heat and air guys use to tape ducts). They make special nails with large plastic washer made on the nail so the foil board won't pull thru - I taped the nails, too. You'll be AMAZED at how much difference that makes. I did my shop in Ypsilanti (just before I met ME) and I went from a shop at 45ish degrees to one at 70+ with the same heat source. Like humans and houses, the majority of the heat loss is up. A side benefit is that the foil reflects light really well so the shop lighting is also improved.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

I'll send along my quick and dirty trick that helps A LOT!

Dan
                      Good to see ya posting Dan! The data shows that the pesky weather disturbance that nobody can pronounce ran right over ya...
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Dan, Dan, Dan...the toolbox wheels need to be down to work... Kid worked in a truck shop and each shift the mechanics will have to put their boxes in lock up so next shift mechanic can use the bay.. Some were so big they moved them via forklift.. One dropped his box and took him a whole shift to just pick up his tools. Imagine "working overtime" and not getting paid.. He had to leave, so others let him go first, then he spills it.

Comment

Not looking forward to opening the drawers . On a positive note , I have another set just like them only older that I haven't bolted together that the top boxes would have been bouncing all over the floor . That bent up box wouldn't have touched anything if the handle hadn't swung out on it way down .
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

SO MUCH ROOM FOR ACTIVITIES! How long until something wicked rolls out of there and makes old ladies shudder, mothers pull children from the streets, and chunks of brick fall from buildings.. its only a mater of time.

Comment

I have 200 amp boxes at the meter and in the shop, because I run the compressor, welders, the lift, and the house might have the fridge going..Had to go up to a 90 amp breaker for the shop last year, if the compressor kicked on while the lift was going up it would pop it on a 60 amp. Still I bet yours will be fine with a 100 amp since you're not running a bunch of power hogs at the same time like I am.

Comment

I like Dan's foam board idea, about a waste oil heater?
                                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                                ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X