A new adventure awaits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new adventure awaits

My fiancee, Keni, and I have been talking about getting out of Wisconsin and back down south. I lived in Tennessee most of my life and Keni lived in Virginia and Texas for awhile. We're both about over winters here, and snapping my arm really sealed it for us. Well, we've been saving for a house and finally got enough for a down payment. We decided this was the year. A month or so ago, we did a banzai run to look over East Tennessee, as we both love mountains. She put out a few inquiries and resumes and was almost immediately interviewed and offered several positions.

So it looks like we're moving to the Bristol area in a few weeks.

And we're looking to buy a house soon after.

For the first time in my life I will have a home and garage of my own. Not rented. That means I get to drag my Thunderbird out of storage after 8 years. I get my own garage. and an amazing woman to share it all with.

This year has been crazy , but not all bad.

I'm probably wrong

I love new adventures.

Comment

Congrats tedly! When you get settled in maybe we can meet up one of these days. We're 3 hours from Bristol on the interstate or about 2 days on the cow roads.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Man that sounds like a good deal...Especially with a supporting fiance'.

im jealous....
        Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

It's wonderful to have a good woman in your life. I know - I had 2 of the other kind before I met ME 30ish years ago. Everything has been better since.

Dan

Comment

congratulations!
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Yes! That'll cut complaints in half! Instead of landlord and city, it'll just be the city! That's beautiful country, hope you both enjoy it. I hear it's "A Good Place to Live".
              Last edited by Beagle; August 4, 2020, 07:43 AM.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

You deserve a snowfree winter after snapping your you know what... You probably can easily find something there?

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                  Congrats tedly! When you get settled in maybe we can meet up one of these days. We're 3 hours from Bristol on the interstate or about 2 days on the cow roads.
                  I’m pretty sure we’ll find some trouble to get into.
                  I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
                    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Man that sounds like a good deal...Especially with a supporting fiance'.

im jealous....
                    I got very, very lucky when she and I were introduced.
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      It's wonderful to have a good woman in your life. I know - I had 2 of the other kind before I met ME 30ish years ago. Everything has been better since.

Dan
                      Keni is one of the most extraordinary people I’ve ever met. We’ve both made conscious decisions to not play games and fall into the traps of toxic relationships. It’s always me and her against whatever problems come our way, never me and her against each other. I support her in her hoboes and business ventures, she supports me in mine. We want each other to grow and be happy.

I got really, really lucky with her.
                      I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        congratulations!
                        Thank you!
                        I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                          Yes! That'll cut complaints in half! Instead of landlord and city, it'll just be the city! That's beautiful country, hope you both enjoy it. I hear it's "A Good Place to Live".
                          That’s why we’re looking in the country. Well, one of the reasons at least.
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                            You deserve a snowfree winter after snapping your you know what... You probably can easily find something there?
                            We're finding quite a few places in our target range, problem is everything is sold in about a week. Seriously. Virtually everything we find sells within a week of it going on market. Could be worse though, my sister is looking for a house down in Memphis. Houses there get snatched up the same day.
                            Last edited by tedly; August 4, 2020, 06:56 PM.
                            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Congrats on the future to the south . Not much snow there but the 'burb will still be fun . Maybe fording creeks to get home during rainy seasons . ( note , I said creeks not rivers ! )
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                              X