Did a quick and dirty lame music included video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did a quick and dirty lame music included video

Its for the street strip toy I have had since 1990. It runs again, finally didn't have other stuff taking up time and money. Carb is jacked up from sitting for more than 15 years, accel pump arms are sticky so it doesn't want to return from WOT.. so more stuff to do yet. Anyway here's the vid and I am working on making my own music.. digital because I can't play anything worth a damn with the carpal tunnel.

Cool.

Comment

Excellent! Just one suggestion: with my compromised eyesight it would help to leave the typed words on the screen longer. I had to back up and finish reading several times. But maybe I'm the only one.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Excellent! Just one suggestion: with my compromised eyesight it would help to leave the typed words on the screen longer. I had to back up and finish reading several times. But maybe I'm the only one.

Dan
        You're not the only one. That was the most commented thing when I shared it with friends.

Still trying to figure that out, and since this isn't exactly going to be a viral video I didn't spend much time on it. At the moment using the Windows video editor, its kinda limited. Thats also why there is crappy music on it, it did not give me the choice of anything else, and somehow today it has more choices and options. Not going to invest in more software until I decide if I like making videos or not. Making it not boring to watch is my first challenge. Fonts, how long it stays, how big it is, all things I don't have much option for at the moment.

I'm working on a video for the 65 GTO build, its almost all stills, which means I am going to end up narrating it. Not sure how much I like that idea, but for now its fun making videos even if they kinda suck. Maybe I will show up in them if I can not look like a brick, but being old and not really caring to fix how I look, I might never appear in one of my videos.

Uncle Tony says leave the music out.. I am inclined to go that way, but watching a bunch of stills would get seriously boring.

Have to figure out a problem with the 1050, the accel pump arms keep binding on the pivot pins. Took it apart yesterday and hit them with emery cloth and PB Blaster, and then it worked great. Went to eat something, and an hour later it would stick at WOT again. Might have to put some kind of Astroglide on them or something. This thing stuck at WOT is not going to be a fun time. That is what happens when a vehicle sits for almost 15 years. I know I will put one of those FiTech or Sniper kits for the 4500 flange on it...and completely rework the fuel system again.1/2" return would work, right?

Comment

Watching a bunch of stills gets boring?? You hearies and yer music! Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
            Watching a bunch of stills gets boring?? You hearies and yer music! Lol.
            I shall subtitle EVERY video for you Bob.. because you are AWESOME and send me the coolest PMs. Sadly most of mine do no good because no captions. POWER TO MY HEARING IMPARIED BRO'S!

Comment

I have trouble with hearing voices over background music. It's more than likely only me when you were talking I had a hard time hearing for the music. Back ground music for pictures or when guys are showing their work with out commentary is fine other wise I can do without.
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

From a production standpoint I'll agree with Russell that the music could be faded in and out if there's a long stretch of no talking. I'll go along with the printed captions being critical when they are pertinent. When I was making videos at work I struggled with captions in videos and with PowerPoint as well. You want the font to be pretty large for everyone and you also want it to stay on the screen long enough to read but not so long as to make everybody say that's too long, which boils down to how quickly "everyone" can read, which is a crap shoot. And then there's the font color versus the background so what color font and where on the screen do you put it? If every scene has a different sized font in a different color in a different place on the screen, that tells the stuffy bigwigs at work that you're an amateur trying to make a presentation.

My thing at work was that I was charged with producing something that was "slick" in all of those aspects and I don't think I ever got all that good with it. Plus I never really got into making a composite production with still shots and video and diagrams embedded. I think PowerPoint was the only software I had that would do that. The "other" guy on the team had the loaded computer with all the video editing software and he'd get lost in it for days making something that really didn't come off any more appealing than what I was doing, but I never told him so.

I've got video editing software at home but I'm sure I don't even know all of what it can do. Nowadays it's point the camera, turn it on, turn it off and upload it to YouTube, whatever it is. The tree cutting video I made, I had to trim it down from all the footage I had and putting a title cation at the front of it made me feel like I was a genius. But it's fun stuff to mess with and anyone who makes really slick productions...well that's an art that requires an artist I'm sure. I wouldn't know.

What I did get called on to do over and over at work was to read/narrate the script for an already made safety presentation. The safety director really liked my voice for some reason. And lemme tell ya, that's harder than you think. And we're talking mighty long paragraphs with some seven-syllable convoluted medical terms in a few of them. Read, read, read, breathe, read read screw up. Dammit, try it again, I was nearly at the end.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Thanks Thumper! (my like button ain't working...)

Comment

Working...
                  X