Orange Aid Roll Bar Padding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Aid Roll Bar Padding

I've found several references to it online but so far no vendor info. It sounds like it's SFI rated but more flexible than the run of the mill stuff. There's a guy on a Miata forum who has used it and likes it but neither of the links he posted take me to a vendor. Usually my Google-Fu is stronger but maybe one of you have The Force.

Thanks!

Dan

maybe they went under, i couldnt find em either.
    but i DID find this----------

SFI Certified Roll Bar Padding Sources:

Brotherton Supply Company, Inc. (BSCI)
    P.O. Box 1203
    Mooresville, NC 28115
    704/664-3005

JAZ Products
    1212 East Santa Paula Street
    Santa Paula, CA 93060
    805/525-8800

Simpson Race Products/ BSR Products
    7701 North Tryon Street
    Charlotte, NC 28262
    704/547-0901

Taylor Motorsports Products
    1255 North Tustin Avenue
    Anaheim, CA 92807
    714/630-7850
    Last edited by fatguyzinc; August 22, 2020, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Thanks FGI but I had found all those sources. Regular SFI padding is probably fine but the Orange Aid attracted me because of the flexibility. Of well.....

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Thanks FGI but I had found all those sources. Regular SFI padding is probably fine but the Orange Aid attracted me because of the flexibility. Of well.....

Dan
        We manufacture urethane foam roll bar pads for the racing industry in Los Angeles, CA.
        Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Thanks! My Google search turned these folks up but I didn't see much info on flexibility.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            Thanks! My Google search turned these folks up but I didn't see much info on flexibility.

Dan
            Maybe get a sample and see if it can be lightly persuaded with a heat gun? I mention it because I just had to do a garden hose repair and I forgot how handy heat guns are. I grit my teeth and prepared for battle, but 28 seconds in remembered I had a heat gun. Poof, fixed. Back in the day boiling water was pretty effective, but the hairdryer is mighty!
            Last edited by Beagle; August 24, 2020, 07:59 AM.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I've read up on several such techniques and will apply them as needed. Actually, my bars are fairly straight but I was hoping to try the Orange Aid stuff as an experiment. Looks like they have gone out of business. Oh, well.............

Dan

Comment

Working...
              X