No announcement yet.

He wanted ALL the money for it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It knd of depends with me . Sometimes I'll just pay asking and sometimes no . And it really doesn't seem to have anything to do with price . I've paid 750 and not haggled on a running and driving parts truck for the suburban that I drove for 3 weeks before taking stuff off it to getting a 20 knocked off for the 160 asking air compressor I just bought .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

2,458 Facebook "friends" but nobody would hold the camera for him. Tell you anything?
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I will never get it. Why do people get so pissy about lowballers? First attempt to play that game with me and all your contact info is blocked. If I can't get what I want for it then I either keep it, take what I can get, or I find a local kid that would love to have it and tell him to just give me what he can for it.

It's his car and he can do what he wants with it, but damn...
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

So..... What will become of THIS?

My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
            My old Charger sold for that a few years ago and it was complete, running, and had a 440. This one will probably be chopped up as well.
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Sometimes locating a new owner with the same VISION of the builder and pockets nearly as deep can be a challenge.

VEHICLE OPTIONS: -CUSTOM INTERIOR -AFTERMARKET A/C -TACHOMETER -POWER STEERING -POWER BRAKES -DUAL EXHAUST -QA1 SHOCKS -PUSH BUTTON START -POWER...

If $70K is a "liquidation price" how much is full market?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1965-chrysler-newport.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	1281192

Doesn't EVERYONE remember when Chrysler Newports terrorized the dragstrips?

Comment

Sometimes locating a new owner with the same VISION of the builder and pockets nearly as deep can be a challenge.

VEHICLE OPTIONS: -CUSTOM INTERIOR -AFTERMARKET A/C -TACHOMETER -POWER STEERING -POWER BRAKES -DUAL EXHAUST -QA1 SHOCKS -PUSH BUTTON START -POWER...

If $70K is a "liquidation price" how much is full market?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1965-chrysler-newport.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	1281192

Doesn't EVERYONE remember when Chrysler Newports terrorized the dragstrips?
                Not a fan of the wheels, and some of the interior stuff is underwhelming. Other than that that's really nicely done. Not so sure about the price tag, but I'll bet they've got considerably more than that in it.
                I'm probably wrong

Comment

Some people are just F**king stupid, nothing is worth more than what a willing buyer is willing to pay. If you paid more than it's worth that's your stupid mistake do some DD and know what the market value is BEFORE you buy it Idiot! Now two classic cars are gone, so I ask, whose better off!!!!!!!
                  Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                  The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                    Some people are just F**king stupid, nothing is worth more than what a willing buyer is willing to pay. If you paid more than it's worth that's your stupid mistake do some DD and know what the market value is BEFORE you buy it Idiot! Now two classic cars are gone, so I ask, whose better off!!!!!!!
                    true.

but also true is, its MINE, i can ask ten billion dollars for it-- you dont HAVE to buy it...
                    in this case im almost certain it wasnt anything other than frustration and disgust at ridiculous
                    lowballers. i mean, an "offer" of $3k on a car that books at $27k isnt an offer, its an insult.
                    (speaking from personal experience) and if you insult me, you aint getting SH@T.....

as for 'market' price, if you know where theres another one in this shape for less
                    and you want/need it- by all means, go buy that one.

anyway, after SOOOOOOOOOOO many insults, you kinda say "f@ck it".

as for whose better off, therein lies the lesson--cheap lowballing f@ckers ruin it for ALL of us.

dont lowball. if you aint got damn near the full asking price, why waste both your time and
                    piss the guy off with stupid offers? if you think it aint worth what hes asking, then thank
                    him for his time, and give him the "its a bit overhead for me right now" speech.

no stepped on toes, and hopefully no cut up cars.

bottom line--treat someone with respect and dignity and you should receive the same.
                    (applies to ALL areas of life not just selling parts/cars) start acting like an @sshole and
                    insulting me, and you will get it back tenfold.

it works too-- 13 years ago i had a guy telling me how the new in box 850 double
                    pumper wasnt worth my $250 asking price when there was a receipt for $387 taped
                    to the outside of the box. ( he was guy number 17 or 18 with the same song/dance..)
                    and offered $50. i slammed carb on ground as hard as i could, broke the casting and
                    said ok now you can have it for $50...

he was speechless, then angry, called me all kinds of names, said
                    how he NEEDED that carb and i just f@cked up his plans for that weekend, etc...
                    i said oh well, you shoulda paid the $250 when you had the chance.

. fast forward about 10 years, same guy shows up to look at a pair of rear rims/tires.
                    sees me, color drains out of his face, and he takes out the full asking price
                    from his wallet and hands it too me without a word, loads the tires in trunk and
                    says thank you, i really needed these tires-- and then he left.

apparently some people learn. some dont. in a nutshell, attitude is everything.
                    show up on time (or call if your running late) be courteous and respectfull, and
                    youre FAR more likely to get a good deal.

act like a d@ck and 100%
                    youll get what you deserve..

sadly, the rest of us lost those 2 cars too. oh well. it is what it is.

Comment

Anything second hand is 50% of new. Sealed box or not. Your 850 was worth $193.50 unless you were including shipping and tax. Pull the trigger on something by mistake and you pay. A new car doesn't drop the whole 50% when it leaves the lot but a solid 20-40% is not out of the question. Who knows, the owner might have farted in it, that would be 5% ALONE.

Comment

Anything second hand is 50% of new.
                        It's not like that in my world, it's worth what the two people agree on. Supply and demand.

So your 1970 car that you've kept in good condition for 50 years is worth 50% of it's sticker price . It may be worth 50% of the 1970 price plus inflation.
                        Last edited by 65RHDEER; October 3, 2020, 05:21 PM.
                        Tim
                        Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

Collector value is another thing. But the 50% thing applies in many areas, nit just cars.

Comment

Anything second hand is 50% of new. Sealed box or not. Your 850 was worth $193.50 unless you were including shipping and tax..
                            actually it was worth $387--because thats what the guy ended up having to go pay for another one.
                            he shoulda paid the $250 when he had the chance. or a close offer--$200 (thats basically what you
                            are valuing it at) wouldnt have been insulting on a $250 asking price. but $50? *ZTTTTTTT* wrong.

thats why he had to go pay $387 elsewhere. like i said, some people learn. and i agree with 65RHDEER
                            100%--in fact let me directly quote him...

"It's not like that in my world, it's worth what the two people agree on. Supply and demand".

thats the gospel right there.

Comment

Working...
                            X