Free Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Parts

As I've cleaned the shop I can across some parts that need a new home. Not fancy stuff buy somebody might need them for the price of shipping.

CSI SBF (I think) half scattershield. As you can see it has an SFI number and I think these have NHRA approval up to a certain performance level. I have no idea where I got it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0291.jpeg
Views:	126
Size:	742.9 KB
ID:	1280662

Name:	IMG_0292.jpeg
Views:	107
Size:	729.4 KB
ID:	1280663
    These were in the box with the shield. Not sure where the flat brackets go.

Name:	IMG_0294.jpeg
Views:	109
Size:	804.7 KB
ID:	1280664

As you can imagine the contoured brace goes here.

Name:	IMG_0295.jpeg
Size:	922.4 KB
ID:	1280665

Then there's these. Just the covers - these are from the LS I put in my Grandson's Trailblazer SS and these wouldn't fit so it got the Trailblazer covers.

Name:	IMG_0293.jpeg
Views:	106
Size:	839.3 KB
ID:	1280666

And finally a set of SBF headers from the Volvo. We're pretty sure they're from S&S and might have been designed for a Galaxie body but they sure look the same as the stock Mustang 5.0 headers but with bigger tubes - the stock tubes are tiny. Not that these are huge.....

Name:	IMG_0296.jpeg
Size:	841.5 KB
ID:	1280667

The price is right - just let me know if interested. Seems a shame to toss them if one of you can use them.

Dan

The flexplate shield expired in 2003....wonder if you could get it recertified?
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
      The flexplate shield expired in 2003....wonder if you could get it recertified?
      Dunno. Worth a phone call if someone is interested. For what it's worth it might be excellent for a street car (won't have to pass inspection) as it doesn't have any bolt marks so I'm pretty sure it's brand new/unused. I can't for the life of me remember where the heck I got this.

Dan

Comment

It's a flexplate shield, by the way...not a scattershield. Required for drag racing if you're in the 9s. Probably not something you'd bother to use if you weren't racing.

It's nice of you to offer it, Dan
        My fabulous web page

Comment

Correction on the CSI flexplate shield. I can find no evidence of CSI making one for a SBF so evidently that's for a SBC - there's no top bolt like real GM's (say, Buick) have. Maybe it came from Mutt's original drivetrain which had a SBC and an automatic trans. Anyhow, still available and still free.

Dan

Comment

Definitely SBC. And free parts usually cost an awful lot, as we both know... Remember all those parts for the Mini??? $15k later I still am putting tne 2nd 1 together.

Comment

fits big block chevys also, and fours and sixes of the right years (early 60s to 80s)
              My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
              X