Coca Cola pulls NHRA sponsorship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coca Cola pulls NHRA sponsorship

Just yesterday NHRA was writing about how strong they were and how they are planning 2021. Said something about starting on the east coast, later, probably Gators, then this is all over the net today.

The NHRA is suing its sponsor Coca-Cola after Coke officials told the racing series that it was ending its sponsorship. It's a sponsorship deal that the NHRA says was supposed to run through 2023. In the lawsuit, NHRA claims that Coca-Cola missed a $2.86 million payment on May 15.

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/nhra...0on%20May%2015.

it's gonna be one of those years. Fans have to sue team owners to get refunds. Runaway inflation for the junk I buy. None of this is good for the consumer, including the damn virus.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Fans can do without attending live sporting events, but don't take away their Coke !

Comment

iNone of this is good for the consumer, including the damn virus.
        The real problem isn't the virus, it's the hysterical response to it that is the problem.

Monster was here ...
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

The real problem isn't the virus, it's the hysterical response to it that is the problem.
          yeah 200,000 + DEAD is just an imaginary problem - nothing to worry about.

Comment

I never liked the Mello Yello sponsorship anyway. Using a niche sports series to try to promote a somewhat dying brand. Full Throttle was a better fit but Coke got it's ass kicked and sold the brand.
            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy
              paging Monster for a thread lock....
              Click image for larger version

Name:	loctite-specialty-adhesive-209741-64_1000.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	1280824

Comment

Before the thread dies, my NHRA rant..... 400 cubic inches in all pro categories! Bring back R&D.

Comment

I hope they do go to a reset. John Force sits out, still machining parts for next year. Now, what happens next year. I have been thoroughly disgusted with NHRA. Wally Parks, AWESOME MAN., Non profit organization who's president makes 650K per year, nope. What was it about a decade ago, NHRA even started to steal sponsors off teams to make them official sponsors of the NHRA. They have been destroying the sport for a while now.

Maybe someone steps up, organizing teams to find a sponsor to pay 250K per weekend for 5 star hotels, while 5 motor homes sit at the track for hospitality, so they can try to win part of 50,ooo. The days of the sponsors who loved the sport with John Force and Castrol and Ford are gone. Its all bottom dollar marketing on spreadsheets now.

Yesterdays announcement of all will be fine in 2021 must have pissed off Coke. Now today a 2.8 million dollar payment from when they were not racing in part of the issue?

I love drag racing, but someone please fix the NHRA.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                    Before the thread dies, my NHRA rant..... 400 cubic inches in all pro categories! Bring back R&D.
                    There was still R&D, team build new parts, build enough for the year, then take them to get approved and they got rubber stamped.

Single pump, single mag was enough to slow them down, I understand the doubling up so if one mag fails you do not grenade a motor, but they never stopped grenading motors.

Comment

I sign a contract with a gym, but I don't use it. I still have to pay. It will be an interesting case.

Screw all that, Holley can't manage to ship me a freaking JET KIT in six weeks! Did they stop selling carbs?

Comment

The problem is the NHRA is no longer run by racers for the racers and race fans. The front office is full of corporate types who have no vested interest in racing.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                          The problem is the NHRA is no longer run by racers for the racers and race fans. The front office is full of corporate types who have no vested interest in racing.
                          ahh hell yeah, there's an answer... Corporate Cage Match!! See who's been using their work from home Bowflex the most? hee hee. It's predominant these days - oh wait, my accountants just told me I'm wasting time typing this, it's not Agile, and I'm not being iterative.

Sigh.

Comment

yeah 200,000 + DEAD is just an imaginary problem - nothing to worry about.
                            120 people PER DAY die in auto accidents in the US. 600,000 people die of cancer every year in the US. 490,000 people will die of the flu this year in the US.
                            THOSE NUMBERS are something to worry about. C-19 is a piker.

Comment

Originally posted by anotheridiot View Post

There was still R&D, team build new parts, build enough for the year, then take them to get approved and they got rubber stamped.

Single pump, single mag was enough to slow them down, I understand the doubling up so if one mag fails you do not grenade a motor, but they never stopped grenading motors.
                              I've got no problem with dual mags. Think about it, some new cars have gone to dual plugs. I have a problem with a rule for every freaking thing just so they can run a dinosaur sized motor. To complete my rant 400 ci would just be an interim level. The sweet spot is 5 liters.

Comment

Working...
                              X