Is it me???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

dude...your DAD invented peanutbutter capn crunch ?!?!!!
    please please PLEASE if hes still with us, shake his hand
    and give him my sincere thanks--that is my all time favorite
    cereal from the time i was a kid till now. and let him know that
    cutting it 50/50 with cocoapuffs is absolutely fabulous.....

oh yeah, cool scale too. but come on, i mean-- peanutbutter
    capn crunch........

I took a screenshot and sent it to him. When he first made it, they would take fresh puffs and dip them in chocolate. My older brother still gets misty eyed talking about that.
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Being a Displaced Yooper.........
      I took this fuel cap for a Catapillar 594 side boom with me as a paper weight on my desk,
      on Pipeline Jobs......
      I was Always Asked.......
      You Talk Funny, are you from Canada?
      My reply was......
      No, I'm from the UP......They are Called Canadian's......And I can see Them from Home !!
      There's plenty more STUFF (spelled SHIT) that I have Klinged on to over the Years ! Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG1668.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	799.7 KB
ID:	1281537 ​​​​​​​

Comment

I love the stuff you have Squirrel! I don't believe electricity works (long story, influenced by one of my professors in college), so I could never get some of those things to work.

And Tedly, thanks for the story about the peanut butter crunch. I love the back stories that come with things like the balance. One of the old tools in my shop is a Delta Double Duty wood/metal lathe. My brother gave it to me. It was his father-in-laws. It came from the Churchill Textile Mill in Chelmsford, MA. His father-in-law, Harry Churchill was the last generation to run the textile mill, and it was the last mill to close in Chelmsford. The lathe was in their maintenance shop used to make thimbles or some such. Harry kept it when he retired, to play with it in his home shop. That was in the 60s. Herman (what I call my brother, cuze Antonio George is just too much...) got it in th late 90s early 2000swhen Harry downsized, and moved to a retirement home. Herman used it as a horizontal surface, a catchall in other words, and never used it as a lathe. I got it in 2017 and just started using it recently to cut and thread tubing for radius rods, tie rods, spacers, and all things round made of steel. Its gotten a real workout lately... Hopefully I won't destroy it

Comment

Captain, what part of the UP? and can you sing the whole 2nd week of deer camp song?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy

I have one, maybe enough to make two.... problem is it would cost more than they're worth to send them anywhere....
            Arizona isn't that far and that guy is always up for a road trip.
            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post
              Captain, what part of the UP? and can you sing the whole 2nd week of deer camp song?
              I grew up part of my life on two of the Family Farms near Ironwood and Hurley.

And yes, the Blaze Orange National Anthem by the Yoopers.......

Now I live in The Center of Wisconsin west of Old US 51. They built I-39 a mile east of US 51.

Usless Facts;
              US 51 connects Lake Superior at Ironwood,
              ​​​​​​to the Gulf of Mexico at New Orleans. One of the first major north south routes.

Comment

You Bet!

More of the garage/basement junk: Click image for larger version

Name:	20201002_145733.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	946.8 KB
ID:	1281598 50's vintage??? Allen Syncrograph, still use it occasionally. Click image for larger version

Name:	20201002_145954.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	1,002.9 KB
ID:	1281599 Yes I need an intervention...

Comment

Synchrograph GOOD!

Dan

Comment

Not quite so old, but around 1985 or so my grandpa made this chess board with built in storage. Each square is a miniature chess board, and each miniature square is individually cut and fitted in place. The pieces are stone and were a birthday gift from my sister this year so they definitely don't fall into the old category, but are still way cool in my book. As soon as I uncover the table saw my uncle made sometime in the 50's or 60's (I think) and the old grinding wheel and lathe Grandpa made who knows how long ago I'll snap some pics and put them up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4342 (2).JPG
Views:	112
Size:	321.4 KB
ID:	1281761
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Neat stuff. I love the chess board. I can't imagine the patience required to build each individual square. Beyond my ability for sure. Yes let's see the custom made tools!

Comment

Neat stuff. I love the chess board. I can't imagine the patience required to build each individual square. Beyond my ability for sure. Yes let's see the custom made tools!
                        MUST HAVE TOOLS!!!!!!

I have Dad's Craftsman table saw but it's just a store bought belt drive run-of-the-mill old Craftsman - good saw but hardly newsworthy.

Dan

Comment

I still miss the old lift. I keep dreaming of a Backyard Buddy, but $$$. Oh well, the local garage is only a mile away and is afriend.

Comment

My Dad had a 1950's ShopSmith that I'd hoped to inherit, but my Sister's Ex got it before they divorced and is lost forever.

Comment

I still miss the old lift. I keep dreaming of a Backyard Buddy, but $$$. Oh well, the local garage is only a mile away and is afriend.
                              I have a hoist from Pace Tools here. It was $1700 delivered, Chinese but with a US made pump assembly. Well worth the $$. But that old Gilbarco was killer!

Dan

Comment

Yes it was in many ways! As I remember, we were always careful putting something upon it. "The falling cars, drop past my window"... I know, but you being a drummer and all I had to get a music mashup in.

Comment

Working...
                                X