Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A little Friday afternoon revenge

Originally posted by NMCA_Ron
    It wasn't a co-worker I got with my best practical joke, but my roommate, Brian, instead.

Brian had been on the road for several days and had just returned home to enjoy a relaxing weekend. After grabbing some supper and popping open a cold one, Brian kicked his feet up on the coffee table and was enjoying some televsion as I watched the tube from my recliner. Brian has a cool brindle-colored pit bull named Scooter. Scooter is a personable little guy who weighs all of 45 lbs soaking wet. Like any terrier, Scooter is a bundle of energy, waiting to be released on a moment's notice, however, with Brian just returning from his trip, Scooter was in a cuddly mood. Scooter crawled up on Brian's lap and was enjoying a good scratching between the ears. Soon, he had nuzzled his way up under Brian's sweatshirt and had his head sticking out the neck hole and was watching TV side by side with Brian.

Now a little background....

One of my favorite pasttimes is ridding my back yard of pesky tree rats. Scooter enjoys helping me find them when I say "Where's the kitty!?!" He gets frantic, starts barking and runs around the perimeter of the yard screeching and yelping at full speed as he tries to locate a tree rat. His bark is shrill, almost like a police whistle, and will make your ears hurt if he is within fifteen feet.

Back to the couch....

Brian's head is right next to Scooter's head and they are looking all cuddly and relaxed. I almost have tears rolling down my cheeks as I am trying to speak loudly and clearly enough to get Scooter started without Brian being alerted to what I am doing. When I finally calm myself down enough to be audible, I yell, "WHERE'S THE KITTY?? GET THE KITTY!!! GET THE KITTY!!!"

Forty five pounds of highly agitated, pure-bred American Bull Terrier comes to life under Brian's sweatshirt as if somebody had poked him with a cattle prod. Scooter can't, for the life of him, get his head out of Brian's shirt. Amid the flurry of paws clawing at fleece and bare skin, Scooter is yelping at full volume right in Brian's ear. By this time I have fallen out of my recliner and am laughing uncontrollably watching this event unfurl. Scooter finally gets free and flies out the doggie door into the back yard, searching for "kitties." Deaf, bloody and pissed off, Brian calmly looks at me and says, "You fu**er." Props go out to him as he started laughing along with me.

Good roommates are hard to find. Brian was the best!

Ron
    Wonderfully funny - Dave Barry (columnist) would be proud of you.
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
    X