Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

signed up for some night machining classes today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• signed up for some night machining classes today.

I manned up, bought a bridgeport and a lathe, now it's time to really learn how to use them. I am really stoked. Unfortunately I can't test out of a prerequisite or two but that's ok. It's mostly blueprint reading and precision measuring etc. Then it's off to conventional mill and lathe classes with a ton of lab hours. Never too late to learn something new right? Funny how I decided to go back to school just a few months after my GI bill expired. The classes are cheap enough regardless.

Re: signed up for some night machining classes today.

Been looking for a Local Welding Class here in Greenville, SC. and trying to find some time do attend.

Comment

I wish we had them locally....

How long ago did you get out of the military? I've been retired 12 yrs and I'm thinking they said my GI bill was good for 10 yrs... like you I never used it... bummer...

But I did get a 4 yr degree from them while I was in... so no complaints...

K

Comment

I used my gi bill, the problem was I could only get $5280 a year and my school was 16000 a year, so I had to borrow plenty. I didn't read the fine print when I signed up. I used it to go to commercial diving school. I wish I went to school while I was in. I was on shore duty In Pearl harbor, all I did was chase women and work on cars at the "hobby shop". The classes at Santa ana college are cheap so what the hell. Ten years is all you got to use it.

Comment

I plan on doing something similar. I have about 2 years to get a batchelor's and 3 years on my current enlistment, so I should be able to finish the degree before I enter the civilian world. I figure when I get out, I'll use the GI bill to do automotive related tech classes. Even some classes I already think I know, just because you never know what you missed along the way.

Comment

Working...
          X