Is a fix still being worked on for the bug or is it fixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a fix still being worked on for the bug or is it fixed

I still can't get past the first page of any thread without it sending me off to a virus guard generally . I'm really missing you guys but it seems we are at least on week three and I'm feeling like I'm slipping away because it is very frustrating to keep having this bug or whatever trying to take control of my internet .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

And a ad blocker isn't helping me .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I have not had any redirects yet this morning, but I have not heard from Chad that they found it yet either.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
        I still can't get past the first page of any thread without it sending me off to a virus guard generally . I'm really missing you guys but it seems we are at least on week three and I'm feeling like I'm slipping away because it is very frustrating to keep having this bug or whatever trying to take control of my internet .
        Same here, Big button on my screen
        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

It keeps trying to make me reload Flash Player but if I try to do that my security software says it's not a safe site. Every time I try to move the cursor with the mouse it does that. Firefox says it's preventing the site from opening a pop-up window and that's shown as a yellow banner across the top of the screen. Also, it's mostly a problem in "General" and much less of a hassle in other topics. I don't know enough to know what I don't know.

Dan

Comment

I still get Firefox Update, Flash Player Update, wobbly breasts on the first click anywhere on the screen. Second click on the same function is OK after I clear the crap.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
              ... wobbly breasts ...
              And no bridge in sight

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

And no bridge in sight
                Hahaha.....I was trying to stay 'family-oriented'.......
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                  It's not trying to 'take control of your internet', it's a redirect exploit that's sending you to another site.

Are you using a phone or a PC to access the site?

The best way to view the site in lieu of this bug is on a PC with Firefox and an ad blocker like Ad Block plus or Ghostery.

I run Linux PC's and never deal with exploit issues. Whinedows PC's (when properly configured) will also ignore the exploit(s).

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post

It's not trying to 'take control of your internet', it's a redirect exploit that's sending you to another site.

Are you using a phone or a PC to access the site?

The best way to view the site in lieu of this bug is on a PC with Firefox and an ad blocker like Ad Block plus or Ghostery.

I run Linux PC's and never deal with exploit issues. Whinedows PC's (when properly configured) will also ignore the exploit(s).
                    Like I said, I don't know how much I don't know. I'm on a MAC Mini running thru Firefox but I don't think I have an ad blocker. Guess I need to look into that.

Dan

Comment

Java. Bane of my existence. Kept the coffers filled for 50 months on a six month contract. Thank you Oracle.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Like I said, I don't know how much I don't know. I'm on a MAC Mini running thru Firefox but I don't think I have an ad blocker. Guess I need to look into that.

Dan
                        I konw next to nothing about computer.
                        But google "adblock mini mac" from you mini mac, and you will find an adblock tool. (likely "Adblocker +" )
                        1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                        1997 Mustang GT
                        sigpic

Comment

I am still getting pop ups / redirect on my Google pixel using chrome.

​​​​​​It reduces the fun for sure.

I did have fun at lunch with Dan today!
                          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

Something happened between yesterday and today.... site was dead slow yesterday and it's zippy today. I haven't seen the redirect issue but wondering if you guys are working okay now?
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Yesterday I was getting redirects on my phone but not my laptop. On my phone right now and no issue yet.
                              I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X