Built in Wichita?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Built in Wichita?

I have never seen this truck, nor do I know who built it....

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

I checked around... It's built in a little shop in Windom, KS in McPherson County (about an hour north of Wichita).

Comment

I am surprised at the lack of comments. Have others seen this cool car in magazines and on websites?

Comment

I agree. Looks like quality work but it looks as though someone started out thinking that they might build a rat rod but changed their mind in the middle of the work. Then there is the touch of old school hot rod with the Fender Custom Shop emblems on the glove box lid, maltese cross decal. Nice work, I'm just not sure what they wanted to build.
        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

I reviewed the link you posted, but it was not my cup-o-tea, so elected to walk on by without negativity .. but since you asked.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
            I am surprised at the lack of comments. Have others seen this cool car in magazines and on websites?
            Magazines? They print those still?

There is a lot of craft in the car. Somebody looks to have been influenced by the days of lore Kustom like Barris or Winfield, and then a mix of Boyd, Troy, Chip, Steve Strope, etc. Somehow, it seems to fail to find it's own identity and baby puke green is a perfect color. It has what appear to be a ton of great ideas, massive amounts of work, and decent execution on those ideas but I still seem to want to dismiss it. Reminds me too much of this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	OIP.QkDKHmrbOCB51BipJEXuEQHaGO?pid=Api&rs=1.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	1283773

The best part of this playing with cars business is I don't have to like it to respect the huge amount of effort and love that somebody else put in to their stuff. I love that part, just not so much the rod.

And yes, it's SLOW here... seems like it is everywhere. Somebody said Facebook to me as a reason and I don't see it there either (guess I'd have to look closer or maybe logon or something). I reckon I'm not in the right cliques. This was as close as I got to being in one where I thought I might belong.

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

You do belong here Beags, we all do. We have stayed with the forum format, rather than follow the sheeple to their next grazing pasture, where they eat what they're fed.

Comment

Praise the Lord for that.

Comment

Working...
                X