Cell phone poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cell phone poll

They have already proved that you are just as much of an idiot on a Cell Phone as you are with a Hands Off system or Headset. I told my wife that , if i ever get into a wreck with someone on a Cell phone, and if I'm not killed, I will stuff it up thier Ass.

Comment

Blue Tooths are the way to go, since they allow you to use both of your hands while driving.

And as for just talking on a cell phone while driving, well it can't be anymore distracting than someone sitting next to you or in the back seat and talking to you while your driving. Or do you not let the people riding with you talk??

And to the comment about talking on a blue tooth and looking like your talking to yourself, that is what they make Limo Tint for. ;) ;D

Comment

The last accident I was involved in, I was in a company car. The traffic on the freeway came to a sudden stop and the lady behind was on the phone and didn't see all the brake lights and rear ended my car. She was still on the phone when she got out of the car with her four year old son and walked up the freeway to talk to me. She tried handed me her phone to talk to her husband whom she was talking to when she hit me. All the while traffic on the freeway started moving again. I yelled at her to get back in her car and follow me to the next exit. She just pulled over to the shoulder and got herself and her kid back out of the car and walked up the shoulder to me again. I told her to put her kid back in the car in his child seat before he gets killed. She then handed me her phone to talk to her hubby again. I told her husband he's married to an f'ing idiot and tell her to get their child back in the car before they get killed. She still didn't listen to me or him. The CHP showed up and flat blasted her for her stupidity. I told the cop that she shouldn't have a license and she should be written a ticket for endangering the life of her child. He did.

I am of the feeling that the DMV should do what the state government put them in business do in the beginning; only give licenses to those who know how to operate a vehicle competently. The only thing they do now is collect money and hand out licenses to those who can fill out a form. My personal favorite is that they have tests written in Chinese, Vietnemese, Korean, Mexican, Russian, Arminian, and several others; but unfortunately all the street signs are in english. I've been in California for twenty years. The only time I've been tested was when I got my commercial license. The actual driving part took less than 15 minutes and we did less than half the skills required on the test. It's nice to know that no one in this state actually knows if I can actually drive a 40 passenger bus.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

i dont use the phone while i drive. i hate phones. really, i hate cell phones. and regular phones too. i liked the old rotary dial phones better.. couldnt dial out on em to save my life.. anyways, if the boss calls me it keeps track, it vibrates, it says "1 missed call".. then i call him back when i stop, or when i start to care about what he wants, whichever comes first. i think if you are in a wreck and it can be proven you were on the phone, it should be a ticket for you whether it was your fault or not. nothing is that damn important that it requires your immediate attention on a phone while you are driving, certainly not a message to pick up dinner on the way home, or ANYTHING from work.. it can wait till you pull over.

Comment

I refuse to use my phone when I'm driving. I can almost guarantee when I see a car on the freeway weaving or speeding up and slowing down, that the driver will be on the phone. I don't want to be that guy. If my phone rings while I'm driving, I'll give it to my wife to answer. If she's not with me, I've got voicemail on the phone and that's what it's there for. Too many people in this world think they're the world's best multi taskers when they're not. Rant off.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

So guys... Let me get this right... We need to be HONEST here... ( and I absolutely know that several of you are being truthful... )

So your saying that if... the following call came in... you wouldn't answer it if you were driving down a 4 lane in the middle of the afternoon with No Traffic in any direction...

Your child calls?

Some Babe Calls?

Worse yet... the guy you just met .....with the Hemi that's got not one but Two of those damn gas guzzling things on top of the old junk motor .... take this call out to infinity but you get the gist...

Your sitting in Traffic and it's a parking lot.... in 10 minutes your going to be late for dinner with your mother/Wife/Girlfreind/boyfreind ( those that live in Hollywood )......

________
              I think Most any of you would take or make a call under the right circumstances... But that you normally limit your calls when your driving... and if that is the case... then I'd say that's a fair statement... cause I sure as hell don't call or answer when I'm dragging the Trailer through the down town streets of St louise... ( if you have never trailered there you've missed a treat ) Point being we all prioritize within the limits of our ability...

Keith( there are a few here that won't... and agian I'm acknowledging that )....

I'm

Comment

I have a cell, but I usually am hands free.

I like the people who are smoking, drinking a hot coffee with one hand and on the cell with the other while some papers on on the steering wheel while she does her makup in her Escalade.

Saw that this morning on my way to work. I quickly got ahead of that accident waiting to happen.

Comment

I'll tell you how much Keith knows about this. Look at the subject. He doesn't even know that cell phones don't use poles - they use towers!

Think about that!
                  Dan

Comment

For Keith's example. My Drive to and from work is on a two lane mostly straight road (one lane in each direction) in rural Nevada, with no crossing roads and a 70mph speed limit, am I to be condemned for talking on my phone at 70mph with next to no other cars on the road? "Limit's of our ability" is a good statement, because mine are are no where near reached driving to and from work in the middle of no where.
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I talk on my phone while driving, not constantly and not every time I'm in the car either. I have to say this. I can talk and drive. I can also drive and change the radio. How? Easy, jab your hand at the spot where the radio is and feel, left knob is volume, right is tuning, stick your index and middle finger in the middle, there are six buttons- two rows of three, button 1 is 94.3, button 2 is 95.5, button three is 101.7, button 4 is 102.3, button 4 is 103.9, and button 6 is 106.1.

The people who speed and swerve are the same people that need to look at the radio to change and and swerve while they're doing that too. Like Turk said, "limits of our ability".
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm not worried about the limits of OUR abilities. I'm worried about the limits of THEIR abilities. I'm guessing most of us on here are are more than a few steps above the average Joe or Jane in driving skills. The problem is that Joe and Jane think they drive just fine. An unbiased outside observer would, of course, not agree w/J&J. I wish the law allowed degrees of licensing, but they don't and aren't likely to. I've heard that some European countries do this - BBM, is this true? A good idea in any case.

In the meantime, how do we keep the cell phone waving teenagers and distracted soccer moms from running into us? Not sure I have the ultimate answer, but I know that here in Wilmington, the issue is real. As it was in Ann Arbor. And any other place with a population above 25,000 or so where I have driven.

Dan

Comment

again my issue is legislating to the lowest common denominator......

We shouldn't write laws because of what Crack heads might or might not do... ya know what I mean?

Keith

Comment

I agree. Unfortunately, we are in a constant state of trying to protect our rights and trying to keep the idiots from killing us. So we DO get laws written to the lowest common denominator. I wouldn't care if the idiots were taking themselves out, but they have a nasty habit of getting innocent bystanders (me and those I love) in the process.

Dan

Comment

I agree.

Though I wouldn't normally have an issue, I see alot of folks who shouldn't even drive, let alone drive and talk on a phone.

Comment

Originally posted by min301
                                I agree.

Though I wouldn't normally have an issue, I see alot of folks who shouldn't even drive, let alone drive and talk on a phone.
                                Yeah, like my husband, I hate the way he drives.....I wont allow him to use the cell phone, because he is already a bad driver.
                                Now, me, I drive really good, the cops tell me that everytime they pull me over..... ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X