Cell phone poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cell phone poll

There are already enough laws restricting what we do. If they ban cell phones, what's next? No radio? no CDs? No talking to passengers? Don't let them get their foot in the door.

Education is the answer. Teach people that driving isn't just about them and their car. There are a lot of other people on the road.

A little courtesy would be nice to.
    Cognizant Dissident

Comment

I like this Thread, Oh Wait I just got a Call!!!

Comment

90% of people can't drive. cell phone or not!!

Comment

USING A HAND HELD PHONE WHILE DRIVING SHOULD BE AGAINST THE LAW !!!

But, since it is legal, I do use one (very carefully) infrequesntly, for the convenience.

Comment

I don't use mine a lot when I'm driving and when I do I use a hands free one because I don't need to give the state anymore money.

Comment

Not only do I talk on the phone while driving, I email using my Blackberry. And guess what? No accidents or tickets in over 10 years. Last ticket was speeding in my car with no phone. Last accident was a dork driving a truck to fast that rear ended me.

You have to be smart about it -- I email at stop lights (no I don't sit there when the light turns green) and I talk on the phone when on the interstate when traffic is light. I cover 5 states for work and if I didn't have my Blackberry I'd be hurting . . .

There are some people with an IQ that is so low they have trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time . . . now give them a cell phone : I agree with Kieth -- don't blame bad driving on cell phones, blame it on retards. He's right, you can't legislate common sense.

PS. And hate to sound sexist, but half the time when I see someone driving dirt slow in the passing lane on the interstate its some young girl on the phone (usually good looking too I might add). The other half of the time it is an old timer that is in the left lane because there is a left exit 100 miles ahead.

Comment

I don't very often, but when you're on the road 14 hrs, sometimes its necessary. You just have to be smart
                about it.

Comment

I kinda like Maxine's take on all this cell phone stuff ;D

"I can't use the cell phone in the car. I have to keep my hands free for making gestures."

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                    USING A HAND HELD PHONE WHILE DRIVING SHOULD BE AGAINST THE LAW !!!

But, since it is legal, I do use one (very carefully) infrequesntly, for the convenience.
                    The only problem with that is this is what happens when they pass a law requiring the use of hands free cell phones. The same idiots who can't drive and talk holding a phone still can't drive and talk on a headset. This is what happens when you stupidly drive through a green light, your car gets shortened about 2 feet. Was still talking on the phone/headset when he got out too. I didn't even talk to him or the persuader under my front seat would have had to have a conversation with him >

They pass laws outlawing talking on a cell phone when they already have laws on the books. It's called reckless driving, and they can use it for anything.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                      I wish the law allowed degrees of licensing, but they don't and aren't likely to. I've heard that some European countries do this - BBM, is this true? A good idea in any case.

Dan

Not that I know of. But I'm not really up to date on driving laws in our neighbouring countries overhere.
                      We have a point-system driverslicense here currently. I don't have that because my license is from before it was introduced.

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I can't do it. I drive stick and most of my commute is in town. Plus it would be too loud in my coronet.

Mike

Comment

last time i tried to answer my cell phone in my car i spilled my beer all over the place
                          Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Only when I'm Traveling, and then I usually use it when I stop to get Gas , Food, or leave a Pee.

Comment

Sad thing about this is people are killing and dying trying to prove they can drive safely while phoning or texting. I have 96 Pete 379 been hauling construction materials in the Reno NV area for 2 years. The phoning and driving is a major cause for delays-----and mishaps. I was not using a hands free device until a DOT cop was on my 6 for a few miles, lights a blazing before I realized it. Luckily I was pulling a grade and used that as an excuse as why I didn't pull over immediately. With the hands, free you turn your head and check the mirrors and stay less fixated on holding the phone.

Comment

Working...
                              X