Accidentally dosed myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accidentally dosed myself

Thanksgiving was a long day. Cooking this and that, setting up tables and chairs - all that stuff. I was on my feet a lot, and my knees and hips are shot - arthritis is my daily enemy. So at the end of the day, all the pots and pans were washed and dried, foodstuffs put up, company shooed away. I was happy - but tired and hurting. About 10PM took a couple Advils. By midnight, I'm done with all my reading and listening to music (I always do this before sleeping - since I was a kid). Take another Advil, a couple melatonin pills, my 81mg aspirin, and some pills for my leg cramps. To bed....

About 2:30 I wake up from an odd dream where I am hallucinating a glow-in-the-dark slowly undulating carpet covered with what looks like Native American signs and that zig-zag artwork on Navajo blankets...My eyes are open, and the carpet is still there. I thought, I've got food poisoning. Nope - my stomach is fine. Am I dizzy? I stand up and don't sway. So I sit back down. Close my eyes - carpet still undulating. Lay awake for awhile, and wondered if I should panic. Nope - too much trouble. Finally decided I overdosed on legal meds. Calm....

Closed my eyes, relaxed - and drifted off to sleep on the colorful moving carpet. Woke up this morning and I was fine. Don't do THAT again!
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Some people pay a lot of money for that experience.

Comment

Channeling your inner Jim Morrison?
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I hope not. I am a razor's edge kind of guy - no drink, no smoke, no drugs of the sketchy kind. I only take pills if the doctor says, and they are absolutely needed. I can live with minor pain and trouble. But I worked hard all my life, and didn't take care of myself - thus at 64, I'm worn out.

Comment

When I read this the first thing that popped into my head was Wayne's World where he's conversing with Morrison and seeing a naked Indian... or maybe ZZ Top's stumbling through the parking lot of an invisible 7-11. What were you listening to?

Eating cucumbers used to make me have weird dreams... ah well. Hopefully that was a one-off incident!

Comment

What were you listening to?
            Polyphia's New Levels New Devils......

Comment

Good that you kept your cool and drifted thru it. There was the potential to freak out there! Another learning experience......

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

Polyphia's New Levels New Devils......
                Good lordy, that album cover would haunt me! Then again, it could be attempted government or alien mind control your brain is rejecting... they do it through the floride you know. ;)

Comment

You don't like prog?

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                    I was thinking Hunter S. Thompson but y'all may be too young for him.

Comment

I read Hunter's stuff in magazines when you were in grade school.

Comment

Working...
                      X