Warnings on Product Labels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warnings on Product Labels

We are all familiar with them, those of us who ever read directions anyway ... they have to have them for CYA. Like the one on the big cardboard dashboard sun shields that says, "Do not drive with sun shield in place." So, who.....never mind. I wonder how many times those warnings have given folks some ideas they never would have had.

I've been building frames for jigsaw puzzles. Superman showed me one he'd built and i was inspired - I can do that. well, like all things it required some motorized tools I didn't have before. It's fun, an actual "hobby."

I've used up about half a big thing of wood glue and today I finally read the label to see what the temperature range is for it, how long should I run the garage heater before I start gluing? Well there it is - "Not for use on load bearing surfaces." I declare, now I'm curious. Just for something to do, I won't be satisfied until I actually try THIS just to see if they're lying:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wood Glue.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	1284951
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Seems like that ought to work. Please get back to us with the results of your research. Don't worry - most hospitals have Wifi.

Dan

Comment

Name:	official-meaning-see-no-evil-monkey-real-meaning-so-i-####edup-13907460.png
Views:	146
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	1284970
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I can tell you that the results will be driven home proportionally with the altitude of said test . 12 on to a hard surface , will at least crack something . Trust me .
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I ordered a HANS device. Over in Europe they call it FHR, Frontal Head Restraint. I took a look at the owner's manual online and there it is. I never would have previously thought, I can put this thing on with my helmet and try the wood glue strength test after all. What kind of ideas will these product warnings give me next?

Name:	HANS Warning.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	1289075

Comment

Back when I was still working in the tool & die shop, it was not unusual to see warnings on the doors of CNC machine tools to close the doors before hitting the start button to avoid injuries or even death. They had little stick figures getting pierced, mangled, or even being tossed across the shop.
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	il_340x270.2094469187_melq.jpg?version=0.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.7 KB ID:	1289089Click image for larger version  Name:	il_794xN.2205655427_7skj.jpg Views:	0 Size:	147.2 KB ID:	1289090

There are some larger more readable not safe for children ones I won't post here, but if you're interested in what AvE has to say about it:

Check out our ave stickers selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our craft supplies & tools shops.

Last edited by Beagle; March 1, 2021, 09:33 AM.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                I ordered a HANS device. Over in Europe they call it FHR, Frontal Head Restraint. I took a look at the owner's manual online and there it is. I never would have previously thought, I can put this thing on with my helmet and try the wood glue strength test after all. What kind of ideas will these product warnings give me next?

Name:	HANS Warning.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	1289075
                they sound so smart, but how does one get skill without experience?
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

That said, if you use gorilla glue for hairspray, you won't need a helmet.

and my favorite warning label, ever

Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 1, 2021, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

they sound so smart, but how does one get skill without experience?
                    Exactly. And one of my favorite sayings is, "Experience is what you get a few seconds after you needed it."

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Exactly. And one of my favorite sayings is, "Experience is what you get a few seconds after you needed it."
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

^^^ Exactly. ^^^

The angels who fear to tread used to be the fools who rushed in.
                        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                          ^^^ Exactly. ^^^

The angels who fear to tread used to be the fools who rushed in.
                          What can I say? I've been married 3 times. And I'd do it again if something happened to ME which I hope it doesn't (I like this one).

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

What can I say? I've been married 3 times. And I'd do it again if something happened to ME which I hope it doesn't (I like this one).

Dan
                            It's been twice and I tell this one that it seems like it's been forever....

Comment

As My Father told Me the STORY of the Wiseman and the Smart Man .......
                              The "Smart Man Discovered Fire BY Burning his Hand in IT !!"
                              The "WISEMAN watched him DO IT !!"

Comment

Working...
                              X