• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Someone Soldout....

Follow the Link.....

The Green Machine.
    http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

That's what happens when you don't keep the rights to an address, someone else grabs it, sad to see that.

I wonder where it would be now if Freiburger had keep with it given the online content today, I think he was ahead of it all...
    Tim
    Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

yup, if you don't renew the name, it goes to whoever wants it...
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Not sure how I feel about this. Couldn't read a word of it.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          Not sure how I feel about this. Couldn't read a word of it.

Dan
          Try it now... https://translate.google.com/transla...rjunkietv.com/

Comment

All I see is what looks like big Japanese letters, no pics . I I can't make heads or tails of it .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201219-041115_Samsung Internet_copy_810x1665.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	420.1 KB
ID:	1285120
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by "sold out"... Really nothing new to see here. The name hasn't belonged "to the family" for years and years.. probably 2010 or so when DF went back to HRM.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I'm pretty sure we were able to view the old forum on the carjunkie URL not too long ago....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

how is abandonment selling out? pretty sure none of the Freiburger minions are profiting from this.... (and to be clear, minions are cool).
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

If I remember correctly, the investors owned the name and domain, not Freiburger.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                        If I remember correctly, the investors owned the name and domain, not Freiburger.
                        The name license runs out if you don't renew "ownership" of it. You purchase however many years at a time. You can transfer ownership if you want to, somebody tried to buy my website's name from me for $50 one time.

The content sits on a server somewhere. I rented server space from the same outfit that secured my name license for me but a friend of mine had a little website and he had his own server humming in his basement. He's a top end systems computer guy and knew how to set up the domain and all of that.

I let my site's name license run out out and now GoDaddy has the name up for sale. So the name is only a license. Does anybody remember when the internet was just starting out and some forward thinking "investors" bought up lots of dot com names they knew would be valuable and held them for huge ransom? Like NFL.com, etc... A judge decided that was unethical enough to be illegal.
                        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                          to sell out, one must sell... the rest was just tongue in cheek

Originally posted by pdub View Post

The name license runs out if you don't renew "ownership" of it. You purchase however many years at a time. You can transfer ownership if you want to, somebody tried to buy my website's name from me for $50 one time.

The content sits on a server somewhere. I rented server space from the same outfit that secured my name license for me but a friend of mine had a little website and he had his own server humming in his basement. He's a top end systems computer guy and knew how to set up the domain and all of that.

I let my site's name license run out out and now GoDaddy has the name up for sale. So the name is only a license. Does anybody remember when the internet was just starting out and some forward thinking "investors" bought up lots of dot com names they knew would be valuable and held them for huge ransom? Like NFL.com, etc... A judge decided that was unethical enough to be illegal.

I've had the same thing for my office web name... and t was the same thing, like $50 or $100 offer... so let me get this straight, you want me to change my letterhead, change my customer's habits, and change my advertising for $100? uh, let me think, that would be a full no.
                          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 20, 2020, 07:27 AM.

Comment

There was no sell out, Dropcatch sniped the domain before/when it expired. They're expiring/expired domain snipers..
                            The page you see is a parking page to keep the search bots happy. The domain is up for renewal again in March of 2021.
                            Dropcatch has backorder lists, and auctions off domains, but the value of the domains are usually massively over-inflated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	drpctch.png
Views:	102
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	1285172

Comment

it's like gambling, they bet that whoever had it will want it back - so they pay the fees and away they go.

Comment

Working...
                              X