Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fanatik build

Y'all needed a new distraction on Christmas day. You're welcome

and yes, it's yet another Canadian putting an LS in a place it doesn't belong. This is the overview, there are 10 episodes to help you stay socially distant from your relatives today.
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 25, 2020, 10:48 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

this one may make the Fiat the next thing I drag back into the barn....

Comment

Here we go again !
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Well at least the 2 of us will enjoy it !
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

and he's on the same update schedule as Binky.... which means it's got to be good

Comment

carrying on. There is so much good information here...
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 14, 2021, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Comment

More content from the Queen

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

I'm glad he addressed the not purging of the pipes and had noticed this on Blinky . I'm thinking if I weren't going to back purge I would just use alumi-coated regular exhaust pipe . Especially if it's never going to be exposed to the hazards of winter .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                          I'm glad he addressed the not purging of the pipes and had noticed this on Blinky . I'm thinking if I weren't going to back purge I would just use alumi-coated regular exhaust pipe . Especially if it's never going to be exposed to the hazards of winter .
                          I welded stainless steel for decades before anyone even thought of back purging. It's really not that big of a deal. Sugaring requires 2 things: 1) impurities and 2) imprecise heat control (specifically, too much heat). Clean your weld surfaces and control your heat - guess what, no sugaring.

there is another way of keeping the oxygen away - weld against a backing plate... either aluminum or copper... what does crack me up, though, is that people don't simply weld their small parts in a bowl or pan. Argon is heavier then air - it will displace it, thus if you weld in a pan, eventually all the oxygen will be displaced.... all without the waste of back purging.... why important? price argon.
                          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 23, 2021, 08:47 AM.

Comment

I'll never be welding anything but steel or maybe aluminum. But it is interesting to watch and have a working knowledge of it even if not able to have a applied knowledge.
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                              I'll never be welding anything but steel or maybe aluminum. But it is interesting to watch and have a working knowledge of it even if not able to have a applied knowledge.
                              I was a late learner on aluminuminum - still can't consistently weld it well, but stainless... it's just steel with some nickel.

Comment

Working...
                              X