Hoping 2021 is better for everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoping 2021 is better for everyone!

First, a snow/ice storm slapping us in the face last nigh/this morning... then, the new snow blower locks up... Ok, waiting for the snow machine to thaw so I can work on it... do a couple loads of laundry... washing machine starts spewing on the floor! Have NEVER worked on one of these abominations before! Looked at the price of a new one and decided "What the Hell!" ... turns out that it detects level by a atmospheric pressure switch! .... tore the back off of the machine (with a full towel load in it) and found that the damned hose came off due to a itty bitty chiesium clamp, allowing the hose to fall off! That repaired, now, I have to cleanup the spilt water and dry out the carpet and the machine before reassembly! Got 2:45 before I pick up the missus from work... I took leave due to the horrible road conditions this morning! anywho....

Hoping you all had a wonderful Christmas and Wishing you all a better, Blessed, New Year !! May God Bless you all keeping you healthy, happy, and safe!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Same for you and yours, Patrick.
    Everybody else too!
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Same here my friends, 2021 has got to be better! Everyone stay safe and hope to see y'all on the road somewhere.
      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Best Wishes for a Blessed New Year !!!!

Party Hats and SHOTS of Vaccine For Everyone !!!!

Comment

Hope we all can get back to whatever car stuff we love to do! For me that'll be LSR in Mutt the Race Truck. But most of all I wish you and those you love a content, healthy New Year!

Dan

Comment

I will be debt free in about four days, thanks to my dad leaving me enough to do so, and that means 21 might be better than the last 20 years. No longer indentured to someone else is a nice thing.

Comment

Hope everyone has a much better 2021 and we get back to a more normal way of life.
              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                Hope everyone has a much better 2021 and we get back to a more normal way of life.
                The only real change for me is not being able to get parts in a timely manner, and having to wear a piece of paper I know doesn't do much if anything. Damn my nuke/bio/chem warfare training. I avoid people in real life too, and I have for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post

The only real change for me is not being able to get parts in a timely manner, and having to wear a piece of paper I know doesn't do much if anything. Damn my nuke/bio/chem warfare training. I avoid people in real life too, and I have for a long time.
                  Did all the nuke, bio, chem training as well.... No, that piece of paper doesn't do much for me either! When I think of the MK-5, OBA, and SCBA equipment, paint, and chemical respirators, I don't see how that paper mask will stand the test of the deadliest virus in the world...
                  Last edited by silver_bullet; January 4, 2021, 05:22 PM.
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

Did all the nuke, bio, chem training as well.... No, that piece of paper doesn't do much for me either! When I think of the MK-5, OBA, and SCBA equipment, paint, and chemical respirators, I don't see how that paper mask will stand the test of the deadliest virus in the world...
                    I had somewhat similar training to deal with toxic gasses at EPA (SBA, etc.). However, the masks we're asked to wear currently work because the virus, though tiny, is attached to moisture from our bodies and therefore the mask isn't catching virus but water droplets that contain the virus. If you've ever huffed on your glasses to get a bit of moisture to clean the lenses you've seen the moisture in question. So yes the masks do work and that's why - they'd be useless for catching virus that was not processed thru our moisture adding system.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                    X