Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have a happy new year, or don't, whatever, I'm not your dad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a happy new year, or don't, whatever, I'm not your dad.

Greetings old friends!

I hope that the new year finds you all well and that things were not too painful for you in the past 365 days.

I have been lurking here and there, catching up on your projects when time permits. It's nice to see some of you making some real progress!

Things are going okay here in the southwest for ol' Joe and his clan. Although, like most of you, it has been a year of ups and downs.

I graduated from college with my bachelor's and lost my dream job in the same month. That hurt but, thankfully I was only out of work for about a month. I picked up a contracting gig working on stored aircraft that turned into a managerial role in a short amount of time. As I write this, the president is putting through the paperwork to promote me to a project manager with a pretty nice increase in salary. While I enjoy the job, the hours are long and, when coupled with a two-hour commute makes the days grueling. However, if I suck it up for just a little while longer we will pay off all of our revolving debt soon. Overall, no complaints...yet.

I have no doubt all of you have suffered some loss over the last year. I hope that the next revolution around the sun brings you less stress and more happiness!

Joe
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Hey Joe! Good to hear from you. Happy New Year right back atcha!
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Back at you, Joe! Good to hear from you and it's good to hear that even with a job loss you landed back on your feet - that probably says a lot about the kind of guy you are. Peace and health in the New Year!

Dan

Comment

Glad to hear you landed on your feet but sorry about the commute. Man , 2 hrs one way ? or two ? Over all we've been blessed. Still have my job with record overtime . Ended up rolling over 2 wks vacation into this year . Wife got a less stressful job job will 2 more wks vacation over the 2wks she had with a better employer in a far safer neighborhood. We bought a large older house that is insulated well and has newer windows and a 36 by 30 detached garage/shop . Went from a 35 min drive to 10 to 15 depending on traffic and my left foot . Other than all of life's restrictions because of covid and the turmoil of a divided nation no matter what side of the fence your on , life is pretty good for us in Indy . Our 80 yr old moms so far have dodged covid and we have another grand child .
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

. Good to see you Joe. I'm rarely around too... Ya know, two hour commute, working on airplanes... um... buy an ultralight or small plane/gyrocopter and take that to work. No traffic, no stoplights, no idiots going 15mph under the limit in the left lane.

Comment

Working...
          X