• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edelbrock leaving California

Edelbrock Closing Los Angeles-Based Headquarters | HotCars

This ain't good. Is it?
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Not sure what to make of this. Being old I'm not big on change but I know it's inevitable.

Dan

Comment

In other news Mississippi is welcoming more business to their state.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Getting the hell out of a state that doesn't want them or their products. Good move.
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

See Chad's rant on the front page blog . It's half standing up for what needs stood up for but I this it's close to political .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
            Getting the hell out of a state that doesn't want them or their products. Good move.
            Seems like they only took the part out that the state wants.. tax money and employee tax money. The casting plant is still there if I understood it but wasn't there some stink about import castings a while back?
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
              Actually, it's fantastic. They can build better products for less money... I'll double down on that - there are a substantial number of parts Comp Cams and Edelbrock make which are legal in much of the US and world which cause death, destruction, pestilence, and impotence in California. Products which, if tested in California, would subject them to fine, confiscation, and imprisonment (I wish that was hyperbole but it's fact). Imagine just from a testing perspective - are you going to remote-test everything? that would be dumb when hovering in the background is the need to consolidate operations. Edelbrock made a business decision - nothing more or less - whether CA will stay solvent or not has nothing to do with their decision. Canary-in-the-mine? sure, but there are far larger companies who have greatly reduced or eliminated their CA presence - so this, in itself, is just people making great business decisions.

Lots of years ago, I had a running diatribe against our "lawyer from the midwest" about the need for HRM to read the writing on the wall and get out of California. Today's news is just continued proof that I am right.
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 2, 2021, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Any reason to bash the State Of California and you will always get a lively crowd. Thing is California doesn't seem to know better. It just carries on and prospers.
                My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                  Any reason to bash the State Of California and you will always get a lively crowd. Thing is California doesn't seem to know better. It just carries on and prospers.
                  not bashing, celebrating that my purchase of Edelbrock products will no longer fund CA's dive to insanity.

Comment

California has declared bankruptcy. How the hell is that prospering?

Comment

It has a very large consumer economy, but as California continues its's radical agenda, the people that ultimately have to pay for it , businesses, are leaving . Yet the voters continue to vote for these same politicians that drive this . You can't fix stupid .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

California has a budget SURPLUS.

Comment

California has a budget SURPLUS.
                          That's what the news is telling you.... But all the wealthy folks and big companies are leaving like rats from a sinking ship.

Comment

Like I said...... lively!

Comment

Meanwhile, the Edelbrock Performer 351W top end kit I ordered from Summit in late November that was supposed to ship 14th December but got delayed to Feb 12th shipping was today bumped again to "April earliest" due to a change in manufacturing location:

"I am contacting you about your backordered top end kit you have with us. Unfortunately, Edelbrock is currently moving their manufacturing facility to another location which is pushing back their backorders until April at the earliest. Would you be able to give me a call back at the number below or respond to this email if you would like to keep it on backorder or find a comparable part?"
                              Last edited by Red_Kitty; February 6, 2021, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X