No announcement yet.

Finnegan, Freiburger and Newbern a message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought this got locked . Does a lock fall off a thread after a period of time ?
    Any ways I remember having a brand new 84 S10 single cab short bed pickup . Manual steering and brakes , Apple red
    The only option it had was the biggest engine ........ 2.8 liter and a 4 speed stic.It was the biggest engine you could get in a mini pickup . I still like this little engine . We had another S10 ( blazer ) later with the same engine stuck behind some 4 speed auto . The 2x4 pick up was peppy the 4x4 with the auto was beyond slow . Anyway , to the point the only problem I had with either 2.8 was the brand new one was on the way to Florida ( Panama city ) for a wedding that I was to be best man in and another mutual friend was with me that was also a groomsman so we had to get there . We were some where into Tennessee and the rear main seal let go . It would drop on to the crossover pipe and down to the converter . It was smoking pretty good but obviously not as bad as aNewburns Toyota because it only took us 3 or 4 more quarts to get there and probably 6 to get back to Indy. Anyway , what a reminder .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Now I see Monster's explanation on the unlocking .
      Last edited by Dan Barlow; February 14, 2021, 06:11 AM.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I just caught wind of this thread after reading the comments about it in the SBG Vette thread.

Here's how I see it;

I don't know or hate any of the people mentioned in this thread. If they make people happy (even temporarily) then carry on.

Personally I quit watching those types of programs because it's samey same bullshit over and over again, that gets boring.

"On this episode of _______ we take a ______ and _______ and then douchebaggery! Yaaay!!!"

"We're gonna do a HUGE BURNOUT at _______ and it'll be epic, yaaaa!!!!!"

"I just cut up this clean vintage ______ because racecar wooooo!!!!"

It's fill in the blanks programing (TV for short). There's an excel sheet on an office computer somewhere with full seasons of filled in blanks.

Friedburger/Funnegan, Roadkill was fun when it was still on YouTube, I looked forward to it, then $$$$ totally ruined it. I never watched again.

Cleetus, I'm not a big fan, but the guy bought a racetrack and is living his dream and having fun doing it. Hats off the Cleetus.

Richard Rawlings, I don't like his brand of drama. People like his shows so more power to him.

Steve Dulcich, I really miss Steve being on the forums...

I tend to watch nobodies on YouTube, channels with not to many subscribers.
        Their channels haven't been fouled by monetization (yet) so the content is generally a lot better.

The higher subscriber channels I watch are as follows;

Car Channels:

Junkerup Chris Birdsong, He's a cool dude and a great metal worker, nothing is sugar coated on his channel.
        Pakistani Truck, These guys make due, and it's amazing what they do with basic hand tools.
        2stroketurbo, Oregon native who collects and restores microcars and runs a small repair shop.
        Vice Grip Garage, Derricks MN humor gets me every time, he always has some saying that makes you laugh.
        Uncle Tony's Garage, I like Tony's NYC transplant in TN meat and potatoes approach to stuff. He keeps it real.
        Regular Car Reviews. 2 creative writers who love the cars and make fun of them with mid-western PA twist.
        Arthur Tussik, I watch him religiously every Sunday. He has mad bodyman skills. Highly recommended.

Non-Car Channels:

The History Guy, This man is informative and entertaining. I thoroughly enjoy his shows.
        Curiosity Inc, Alex runs an antique shop in Canada, he finds cool stuff, and helps people along the way.

There are a few others channels I watch but I want to watch them some more before I give them a plug...

Last edited by tardis454; February 14, 2021, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Greed destroys all it touches, which is everything.

Comment

Guys - take 3 deep cleansing breaths and please back off. Everybody can most likely attest that consuming 50 quarts of oil between GA and FL was irresponsible, unethical, anti-environment, and it was done only for clicks and views which is always an utterly pandering reason to do anything. However - having all this driven by social media is by definition utterly pandering, so we can go into that eternal hole of doom-scrolling - - - or we can take three deep cleansing breaths and try to avoid destroying this site.

SBG - I completely agree with you - on one hand some official in charge of environmental affairs should chase down Motor Trend and not only fine the s*it out of them for the sheer recklessness as displayed - but on the other hand it has to be at least the elephant in the room that stoopid sheet is what gets views on Azzbook, Twatter, and InstantGratification.

And yes, I am an enterprise architect and senior engineer for one of the largest banks in the country so I am familiar with social media - and its idiocy from the basic human need of having food and sustenance all the way up to the deliberate methodology of the recent political atmosphere and its effect on the demographics of the entire country - not just the gearheads who inhabit and love this site for what it is. An online community of like-minded-mechanically-inclined-folks who love their cars and sharing information, comity, and community with like folks.

The worst thing in the world that has happened since the middle of the last decade is the loss of comity - realizing that not everybody is convinced as you about any single certain thing - and not taking so much offense that it's time to walk the streets with a semi-auto looking for a reason to stop making angry about something that really doesn't mean sheet in the large scope of things.

This isn't worth the demise of our forum. After going through all of it - y'all should have taken this offline way before Monster locked it. And now that it's unlocked it's still a yellow water throwing contest. Everybody's bound up because of many things not at the least this COVID crap. Let's all remember why we are here.

And before it comes posted here - why do I remain silent? I visit this site at least three times a day for the forums and the front page because I like to see the content. I still have the Vette, the Bird, the SRT-10, and the G8. But I haven't built or worked on anything for more than a few years now. Maybe that will change soon - but in the meantime we all need to get along and stop flaming in public in front of everybody about a deeply personal offense that doesn't need to be aired out on this here radio channel - the devil cell phones and text would do just fine instead of unintentionally creating a wedge.

[soap box kicked aside]
            Livin the dream

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	smalloj.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	1288024
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
              X