Truck driver survives 70 foot plunge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck driver survives 70 foot plunge

Anyone else see the video of the red Wisconsin pickup that skidded off the freeway overpass, falling 70 feet to the ramp below, and the driver survived? What brand of truck was that? No news story I've read mentioned the brand or showed the truck in photos or videos in enough detail to determine the brand (and they call themselves journalists).
    Last edited by studemax; February 9, 2021, 08:08 AM.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

https://www.nbc15.com/2021/02/09/vid...ZPMFXNVxUBj6tY

Watch the left side of the screen, it's amazing he lived! Apparently the truck landed on the wheels and the driver was shaken up, but almost completely uninjured.

No clue on what type of pickup it was.
    Last edited by tedly; February 9, 2021, 11:08 AM.
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

I'm probably wrong

Comment

The first video on this page has decent shots of the truck, but it's pretty mangled up and almost unrecognizable. A Ram, maybe???

Updated: 02/08/2021 02:25 PM MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) on Monday, Feb. 8, released video of a truck that fell off an overpass in the Zoo Interchange over the

Click image for larger version

Name:	swan dive.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	1287533
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
          A Ram, maybe???
          Agreed, if that's not a Ram it's missing a good chance to be. What's left of the front looks just like one.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Good to know that if I fall 70 feet in Truck I'll be OK! Wonder if Dodge has a guarantee on that.

Dan

Comment

Somewhere around a 2010-ish Super Duty Ext. Cab. Holy crap what a fall.
              1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
              1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
              1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Somewhere around a 2010-ish Super Duty Ext. Cab
                I think you're correct. The wheels are the clue.
                Last edited by studemax; February 9, 2021, 04:26 PM.

Comment

The driver had recently quit smoking, and frantically tried to light one for a final drag before he died. You can see the flash of his lighter right before it hit the ground. (:

Comment

I think its a Chevy/GMC. They have that squared off upper rear corner to the back side window. The Ram is more rounded.
                    Last edited by Hemi Joel; February 9, 2021, 10:19 PM. Reason: lysdexia

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

I think you're correct. The wheels are the clue.
                      ...and the vertical rectangle for the door handle and it sure does look like the side mirror is mounted on two poles. I'm changing my guess over to Ford. Sorry Dan, don't drive Truck off of a bridge after all.

Comment

I'm 100% positive it's a Super Duty. I'm just not sure on the year. As noted above the crease below the window line and vertical doors handles are something only Ford has done in he last 20 years. A close friend owns a 2011 and it looks a hell of a lot like his.

Ford is also the only MFG that has kept making "awkwardly small" extended cabs. They're super tight for even average sized people. They're more sized for throwing crap behind the seat than sitting. I've sat in the back of one for 4 hours before, not fun. I think Ford might have even dropped the Ext. cab on current trucks, can't remember the last time I've seen one.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	53.6 KB ID:	1287619
                        Last edited by Jesse James 80; February 10, 2021, 06:55 AM.

Comment

And ain't it something, you knock the face off of a truck and bend it up and it takes a lot of study to figure out what it was. Now, let's smash an appliance SUV and we'll never in the life of a rock be able to figure it out. If you remove the badge it's impossible to tell the difference at any given stoplight.

Comment

Ford is also the only MFG that has kept making "awkwardly small" extended cabs. They're super tight for even average sized people. They're more sized for throwing crap behind the seat than sitting. I've sat in the back of one for 4 hours before, not fun.
                            One of my pals has one, and at his request the dealer added risers a couple inches tall under the bench seat. Makes all the difference for big or tall guys riding in the back. Instead of slouching in the seat and struggling for foot room, you sit up high like on an upholstered bench - feet flat on the floor. I'm 5'10" and over 300, and rode 10 hours to Texas with nary a problem. This was with 4 adult men over 50 years of age who have no problem moaning and groaning if need be. Worked well IMO.

Now Ford needs to contact the owner and make a commercial with the remains of this truck. I am impressed the guy lived.
                            Last edited by studemax; February 10, 2021, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                              And ain't it something, you knock the face off of a truck and bend it up and it takes a lot of study to figure out what it was. Now, let's smash an appliance SUV and we'll never in the life of a rock be able to figure it out. If you remove the badge it's impossible to tell the difference at any given stoplight.
                              No kidding. Especially a mid-size crossover. You can just cover the nose and tail and I probably couldn't properly name 3/4 of 'em.

Comment

Working...
                              X